Capítulo 35

After what seemed hours through the woods, I finally found the rock that served as the portal to the mortal world. I had thought about leaving Michael behind, but I felt guilty for thinking about that. I just grabbed his arm and took us over the rock, landing in the Greendale's forest, just behind the Spellman's mortuary.

"I never used a rock to teletransport me, before." The angel says.

"Lucky you." I roll my eyes and keep walking towards Sabrina's house.

When I arrived at Sabrina's door, I freeze before I knock. What was I going to say? Caliban had betrayed me as she always believed? I had to run from Hell as fugitive because my husband took my own crown? What would she think!

"I think you need to knock so they know you are here." Michael says and I toss him a dirty look. I hate angels.

"I know, thank you." I smile, falsely.

I finally gain courage to knock and after a couple of minutes, Hilda opens up the door.

"Serena?" She looks at me like she had seen a ghost, and I don't blame her. I was awful. "What happened dear?" She asks me, with concern in her voice. "Come now." She pulls me inside her home and calls Sabrina. Doesn't take long to my sister appear on the top of the stairs and come running when she seems me like that. I can't hold my tears when Sabrina asks me what's wrong.

Sabrina holds me in a hug and caress my hair.

"I'm here. What happened?" She asks me. "And who the heaven is that?" I was so focus on me that I totally forgot about the annoying angel following me around.

"That's Michael, brother of Gabriel."

"Gabriel, like that stupid piece of—"

"Exactly." I cut her off.

"It's nice to meet you too, Sabrina Morningstar."

"Spellman. I go by Spellman." She says in annoyance. "What happened?" She focusses her attention to me.

"I don't know. Caliban just... Betrayed me and took Hell over."

"WHAT?" She shouts. "He did what?!" I can see her getting angry and angry over each word.

"I don't know what happened. I just woke up and the court was reunited in the throne room, where Caliban was celebrating something. Then he tried to lock me on the dungeons."

"Owwww, that piece of clay will regret the day he was made." She starts to storm up in the middle of room, ready to go straight to Hell.

"Sabrina, wait!" I grab her arm before she could chant any spell. "He told me that it all a game."

"What? Your marriage?" She frowns.

"Everything. All our relationship." Saying the words were even more difficult that I thought, I felt like drowning on them.

"I'm going to kill him. That piece of garbage!" She says but then stops. "But that doesn't make sense." She starts walking along the room. "If he wanted the throne before, he could just—"

"Let me die." I finish her thought for her.

"Yes." She says, softly. "Why going all the way if he could just take it, before? That's too much work to go around."

"Maybe he just likes the game." Michael states, and my dislike for him only grown.

"Just shut up." Sabrina shouts at him and he shows his hand in surrender.

"Hell's demons are unpredictable." He says.

"Caliban is nothing like that." I say and then I bite my words. But he just did that.

"I don't believe that." Sabrina says and I look at her. "Don't get me wrong, I don't like that guy the slightest, but seeing him around you all the time, waiting for you to wake up after Lucifer's coup. I believe he's in love with you, and that wasn't pretending." She says.

That night I found comfort in going to the woods and sitting in the middle of the grass, watching the moon.

I don't know if I believed Sabrina because I wanted to believe that Caliban really loved me or because she was right. Why would Caliban hurt me like that if he could have save time and just let me did that day in the ice cream van?

"A penny for your thoughts?" Michael appeared from the darkness.

"How about no?" I say and he simply laughs.

"I get it, my lady. You are hurt for what happened in Hell with the demon."

"Just stop calling him that."

"Then what do you want me to call him?"

"Caliban." He smiles at me. "If you know what I don't want you here, why don't you just leave?"

"Because I want to help you."

"I don't see how."

"It's simple. If for some reason, Sabrina Spellman is wrong, and Caliban actually only wanted the throne, you may need to put him down, and I don't think you will be able to do that to someone you love. So, if you need, I'll do that for you." He says and disappears before I could even answer.

I would never kill Caliban, even if he had lied to me the whole time. I couldn't.

*************************************

Hello everybody, hope you are all having an amazing day. I want to leave some notes for my readers:
1) Of course that some of the things I write it wont feel right to you, but for me, the author, makes sense. Some comments you make are just .... less positive. Please be kind to everyone.
2) I appreciate all of your love, you guys are the best!!!