Capítulo 40

When I wake up Caliban is long gone, leaving me all alone in my chambers. Part of me hoped he had stayed but the other part didn't know what to want. I know it wasn't Caliban's fault being mind controlled by the plague of kings, I know all of that, but I can't help to feel betrayed all over again. The words he said back at earth still hurt me because I don't know if some of those were from the real Caliban or from the kings.

My maids helped me get dressed and I go to the throne room to have a reunion with the remaining of my court.

I sit on my golden throne and my subjects stay up. I order them to sit around the table.

"I called you here to let you know that Hell is going to have some changes. The first one is to make Lilith, the first woman and witch, the court's advisor. In my absence she will be in charge of the realm. The second point of this meeting is remembering all of you who is the first ruler. Me. Your Queen. For now on, Hell will always be in ruled by women, being the Queen the superior authority." I hear some buzz, but I raise my hand, making the floor trembling. "Third point, if something happens to me while I do not have descendants, my successor will be Sabrina Morningstar, my half-sister. Fourth and last point of this reunion, every decision will pass by me, no mortal soul will enter Hell without my knowledge. That's all for now." The court stayed quiet looking at me.

"You heard your Queen, you can all leave. Now!" Lilith shouts the last word making them raise from their seats and leave the throne room.

"Well that wasn't a disaster." I confess.

"You are becoming a better monarch by the day." She says and I nod.

"Where's Caliban?" I ask her.

"I don't know." She simply says and I nod.

...

"Serena." Ambrose says, surprised to see me. I knew he would be in the library, trying to learn everything as fast as possible. He was fascinated to be in Hell.

"You know why I am here, Ambrose." I sit on one of the couches. He closes the book he was reading and sits on the chair in front of me.

"You want to know whose life the book took." Ambrose says.

"Yes."

"I think you should call Caliban and Sabrina." I frown but I nod.
In few minutes we were all on the library together.

"Spill out, Ambrose. What are we doing here?" My sister asks, impatient. Caliban was supported on the door cork oak.

"Well, I called you where because I discovered why the book didn't killed Serena." He says.

"Because she's a divine creature?" Sabrina asks.

"No. Her mother wasn't full angel, so she does have mortal blood on her veins, making her killable." Ambrose explains.

"So, why did the book didn't take her life?" Sabrina asks.

"Because he took and unborn life."

"What? What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"The book for some reason spared Serena but in exchange took the first born of you two." He points at me and Caliban.

I stayed quiet and felt numb all over my body. I couldn't move.

"What?! Does that mean she was pregnant?" Caliban speaks for the first time.

"Not exactly. You see, an angel and a man made of clay having a baby is like impossible, only with a miracle conceding from someone superior. So, the book took your future first born, a miracle itself."

"But if she wasn't pregnant how can the book take something that didn't even happened yet?" Sabrina continues to ask the hard questions.

"The timeline is something that is fixed according to some research I did here in Hell, the book can read it." Ambrose tries to explain to her cousin.

"You are telling me that a dark book took my future baby?" I ask, still in shock.

"Yes."

"What if she never gets pregnant? Did the book thought about that?!" Sabrina asks, even more confused than before.

"This is very difficult to explain, and I don't understand yet the full magic inside of that book, but for what I could get, the book can read the future and he decided to take you first unborn child. I guess Serena getting pregnant in the future is something that is already decided."

I felt the air leaving my lungs. Does that mean my only change to ever be a mom had been taken away from me? Even if I don't get pregnant right away, I will always lose my first child?

...

I remember various dark phases in my life. Losing my parents. Losing my nana. Being betrayed by Caliban. And now this. Losing my future baby, knowing that anytime i imagine about starting a family, it won't be possible without that first lost. I couldn't get up of bed, I couldn't eat, I barely could breathe. It felt like every inch of my body was in pain. I had lost something I hadn't have it yet. I was already mourning a loss I hadn't live but I knew I would, and I would be mourning it all over again in the future.

Why did I use the dark book? Why didn't I let the three kings have hell for themselves? Why did I had to want power so bad that I was ready for doing anything? I wanted to save Caliban so bad and regain my home; Hell was all I got after leaving earth and losing my parents. I had found Caliban here, I had Lucifer, who was a terrible parent but at least was alive, and I had found out that Sabrina was my half-sister. I had built a home here. And now it didn't feel like home anymore.

--------

So this is the idea that I was talking about, I know it looks confusing but work with me. Sorry that I'm taking a lot of time to post new chapters, I have writer block and I'm making a lot of shifts in the Hospital.

Thank you so much for all of your support! Don't forget to like and comment!