Capítulo 41

I stayed locked up in the chamber for two full days. Lilith was taking care of the royal business while I was away. When I finally got up of bed, the first thing I did was going to the dungeons to free Lucifer.

He was surprised to see me, and mad, really mad. But after some anger letting his body, he noticed that I wasn't fighting back, that I look defeated. I told him about the book and the baby. His first sentence was how he was going to kill Caliban for getting me pregnant in the future. Hilarious right? It was the first time Lucifer acted like a real dad. The second one was that he was going to look for a way to stop the curse from happening. He believes that every cursed could be annulled. I didn't. I didn't want him to try but he told me that it was the least he could do.

I haven't seen Caliban in a while. I didn't know how the news had affect him. I looked around the castle and asked my servants, only to find out that he had gone to the pit. I knew that it existed, I just didn't know how to get there. Why would he go there in the first place?

Through a portal on Hell, I went for the first time to the Pit. It was way darker than hell, which was already pretty dark. The entry looked like a swamp but as I walked away from the portal, the sky was red and there were bones on every inch of the ground. I can't believe Caliban was made at such an awful place as this. As I walked even further, I can see flames raising from pits and souls trapped on these pits, burning alive. My body shiver from this awful vision and I keep walking. I see a big stage in the middle of ruins and flames. I hear screams of pain and I get a little closer.

I see a distinct golden wavy hair and I walk faster. It took some seconds to my mind figure out what it was seeing. Caliban was torturing Beelzebub. The former king was tied to a stake while Caliban whipped him, rotating with burning him multiple times in the eyes. I stayed quiet in shock; I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew Caliban was a demon, but he wasn't all bad, since I knew him, he was always good to me, and I could see past his farce. The boy who pretended he was all evil.

"Caliban!" A scream leaves my lips. He didn't even look at me, continuing to torture the other demon.

I climb the stage and put myself in front of him, almost getting whipped myself on the face if It wasn't from my hand raising and destroying the whip before it could touch me.

Caliban was breathless, his chest was going up and down at an accelerate rhythm. His face had drops of sweat on it and his hair was wild.

"It's enough." I order. "You need to go back to the palace, now." He smiles at me wickedly, like I have never seen him doing before.

I raise a hand and the flames involve us, taking us back home.

"What do you think you were doing?!" I ask, angrily. He doesn't answer me. "Caliban!"

He turns around to face me and he looks mad, beyond mad.

He doesn't say anything and turns around again, going to the door. Before he can leave I mummer a spell closing it and the boy stops in front of it.

"I guess that the book was worthy after all." He says.

"What?!" I ask, boiling anger inside my blood.

"You heard me. All powerful now." He continues rumbling.

"You think that I took the book to became more powerful?!" Now I'm pissed off.

"Clearly you didn't take just for fun." He says.

"Don't you even dare. I absorb the damn book to save you from the kings. And look where it got me. I found you all maniac torturing one of them in the Pit." I accuse him and lift my arms.

"it's called revenge, Princess. Don't pretend you didn't have it when you sent Beelzebub to there for all eternity." He walks closer to me.

"Yes, and that is his punish. You shouldn't have gone there and punish him yourself. Letting the evil inside you getting the better of you!" I shout.

"I'm evil, Serena! That's who I am!" He shouts right back to me.

"No, you are not, Caliban!"

"I tortured you and you still believe that I have good in me?"

"You- You were not in yourself..." I say, not being able to have a straight answer to give him.

"Do you really believe that or is just what you want to believe? Hum? That I can't be that evil?!"

"I- I don't know, Caliban!" I admit it.

"Exactly. You don't. I tortured Beelzebub for my own pleasure." He says.

"Caliban..." I whisper.

"It's his fault that you lose our child!" He screams, I can see the hurt behind his blue eyes.

"No, Caliban, it isn't." I mummer. "It's mine. I did it myself. I could have tried to find another solution, but I was so angry for them taking my throne and using you that I was prepared to die for it. They may have taken me to the edge, but it was I who did this to myself. So I'm sorry that I lost our child." I have tears on my eyes by the end of the sentence.

"Serena, I didn't mean to..." He starts to say but I interrupt him.

"No, you did. And you know what, Caliban?! It was actually your fault that I lost the baby! I wouldn't absorb the book if you weren't being mind controlled by the same monsters who created you!" I shout, breath heavily. "It's over, Caliban, I can't do this anymore." I say and I leave the room abruptly, not waiting for him to try to stop me.