Chapter 10

Ellison Taylor

His car was warm and smelled of citrus. The drive was quiet and I was not sure if I was suppose to start a conversation or leave it as it is.

"About this morning." He said as he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." And then he nodded his head. "Yes, I'm sorry. I think I went overboard." He looked straight ahead avoiding my look.

"It's okay, I understand." I said, not sure how to lead the conversation from there.

He simply nodded and drove silently after that. Soon, I see the familiar neighbourhood and I see Brent pulling in the drive way the same time Ian pulled in. Brent was trying to see who it was, but due to the tinted glasses of Ian's car I think he was having a difficult time.

"I'll see you tomorrow ?" He said, which almost sounded like a question.

"Sure-yea. I mean okay" I said. "T-thanks for dropping me off from work."

"It was on the way." He said, awkwardly and I was not sure if I should buy that, but I didn't want to dig in further so I simply said bye and got out of the car. Brent was surprised to see me stepping out as he walked towards us.

"Elli, I thought you were asleep? I texted you and you didn't even reply." Brent sounded confused as he looked at the car that was pulling away from our drive way.

"Who was that?" He asked. "They sure do have the latest car in the city."

"He's just a friend from school. He was on his way home and decided to drop me off." I didn't know what else to say and it almost sounded like a lie, but that's what Ian told me.

Brent seemed to want to question more, but then he didn't. "Did you eat yet?" He asked.

"Not yet." I said. "What about you?"

"Let's order take out." He suggested as he pulled out his keys to open the door. I was so glad that at least some places are opened 24/7 but I have no idea how they even do it or handle it.

We ordered from the Chinese restaurant that was close by. We ordered fried rice with some appetizers. When I came down after the shower, I see our foods was already on the table and I see Brent scrolling through his phone.

We sat down to eat. "How's school?" He asked.

"Good." I said as I took a bite of the spring roll.

"What's the name of that friend of yours that just dropped you home." He tried to ask casually, but he failed miserably. Maybe because we spent a lot of time together since as a child,he is like an open book to me. I know when he is genuinely happy, upset or angry.

"Ian." I said.

"Don't know him." He muttered and I laughed. "Of course you won't know him. You're old now."

"Old?" He huffed. "I'm still young and handsome!"

"You graduated high school while back! You of course won't know your juniors." I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes at me. We spoke about our day and work. By the time we went to bed it was already 2:30 am.

"I will drop you off to school tomorrow." He said.

"It's okay, Claire is picking me up tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded my head. He give me a light kiss on my forehead and we said goodnight.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." I got a message from an unknown number just as I was about to fall asleep.

"Who is this?" I replied.

"Ian. Save my number, peanut. Have a good night!"

"Claire is picking me up." I replied back as soon as I saved his number.

"She knows I'm picking you up. Have a good night."

I quickly texted Claire, hoping she was still awake and glad she was.

"Yea.. he called and said he will pick you up."

"But why?" I questioned.

"Ask him!!!" She replied back. "Good night, don't blame me if I'm cranky tomorrow."

I chuckled as I quickly replied back a 'good night' to her and fell asleep.I groaned when my alarm started beeping. I quickly went to take a shower and made a quick breakfast. I saw a Tesla car this time pulling to the drive way. I wonder how many cars he own. I got a text from Ian saying he was here.

I opened the door and slipped inside. The car was luxurious from inside. Warm and comfortable. His car smelled minty and citrusy at the same time.

"Good morning." He said as he passed me a bottle of water with a paper bag. I peep inside and see lunches pack inside.

"What is this?" I asked confused.

"Thought you might need some lunch today." He shrugged casually. "Seatbelt please."

And I quickly did as he told as he started pulling away from the drive way.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked as he put on his sunglass.

"I guess so.." I replied awkwardly. "How about you?" I asked.

"Not too bad myself." He replied after a brief silent.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Do what?" He asked innocently.

"Why are you being nice?" I asked.

He didn't reply as he turned the music a little louder and that's how I know it was his way of ignoring the question. When he pulled the car to his usual parking space, everyone started gathering around his car.

"Thanks for the ride." I said. "I'll see you later." I went for the door and he quickly stopped me.

"I'm coming with you." He said and he opened his side of the door. I opened my side of the door and I could hear gasps and whispers. He came and stood beside me. He followed me to my locker and leaned beside my locker as I took my things out and put some things back.

"You don't have to go somewhere?" Hoping he will get a hint and leave me for a while. I'm not use to someone following me around all the time like that.

"I still have time." He said with a straight face. "You can take your time."

"Hey Ian." I heard Brooke's voice from behind us. I pretended I didn't hear her and continued doing my own business.

"Hey Brooke." Ian said.

"How's it going?" She asked.

"Good." He said.

"See you later." She said and I heard her heels clicking as we walked away from us.

"I'm going to look for Claire." I said as I shut my locker's door.

"I'll come with you." He said.

"No, it's fine." I give him a small smile when I looked up to make eye contact with him."You can go ahead and hang out with your friends."

He took a sharp breath, sighed and nodded his head. "Later."

"Definitely." I said as I waved him goodbye and was so glad about my space again. He watched me leave without saying a word.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and a share. Thank you for your support ❤️