Chapter 50

Ellison Taylor

My grandma was very pleased with our 'hospitality' towards our cousins. That's what she said to me when Edith brings her phone to me the next day while we were eating lunch. Claire has finally decided to bring some bright side with her as she entertained all of us with her humour. This is exactly what we wanted , we needed someone to bring a little entertainment in the group.

"I'm very pleased to hear Brent and you are taking great care of your cousins." She started. For once, at least she is complimenting us instead of complaining.

"Good to here that, grandma." I said.

"But Marilyn said you were not willing to introduce a friend of yours who she fancies. That's very selfish of you."

I have no idea what she was talking about.

"Which friend?"

"Some man called Ian." And my eyes shot up. No way! That's so so low of Marilyn to ask my grandma for that kind of help.

"He's taken,grandma." I said. If I tell grandma Ian and I are dating. It makes it easier for her to make me give in to things. As a child, she used to make me give my favourite things away to my cousins and I hated that. From my new dresses to toys, if they like it- it's theirs and I don't like that.

"It doesn't harm anyone just to introduce them. He might have a change in heart." And my stomach turned into a knot. My insecurities rising up.

"I don't think Ian will appreciate that."

"I will ask Marilyn to call me when he is around and I will speak to him."

I know grandma will be very persistent and will force Ian to be friends with Marilyn-but a part of me feel that Ian have is strong minded and nothing can sway him away, but that's just a small part of me who thinks that.

"What else did Marilyn say to you?" I asked.

"She said she can't believe that you were being selfish for not introducing them properly in the beginning."

"We should let Ian decide.." I whispered.

"Very well, I don't think anyone can say no to my granddaughter. She is a beautiful and strong woman."

"Anything else, grandma?" I asked.

"That's it." She said. "Bye." And hanged up on me.

When I returned back to the table, Marilyn give me a smirk. She knows what grandma and I talked about and I hate how she is being smug about it.

"Are you okay?" Claire asked me when we were on our way to the parked car.

"Yes." I whispered. I still need to update Claire about my relationship with Ian. So much has happen and I know she will be mad because I didn't update her about this. "Later."

She frowned but just nodded her head. Ian texted me and said he will drop by later to meet me.

"Ok." I said. My mood has gone down since my talk with grandma.

"Is everything okay?" He messaged back.

"Everything is fine." I said.

Even though I sent that text he still called me.

"What is it, Ell?" He asked concerned. "Is everything okay?"

"I'm just tired." I lied.

He sighed in relief. "Okay, but I want to see you tonight."

"Okay." I said.

"What's the plan for you guys?"

"My cousins will be meeting their friends so at 4 pm we should be heading home."