Chapter 14

Ellison Taylor

"You've never had this before, did you?" I chuckled as I noticed his expression while going through the menu.

"I've had waffles and ice cream on a plate." He said. "But here I see them selling it like a cone and they have so many different flavours. I want to try matcha and red bean ice cream with the waffle."

"I'm glad we came to try something different today." I said. "This place is my favourite place to come to.. it only opens at night until like 5 am in the morning."

"For real?" He asked surprised. "What do they do in the afternoon?"

"Mostly teenagers come to this place, so they open at night."

"That's weird, but I get it." He said.

"My treat!" I said as I pushed my debit before he could take out his wallet.

"No!" He said horrified and pushed his card in front. He looked at the guy who took our order. The guy smiled apologetically and said, "next time." And swiped my card.

"Relax a bit." I said to him as he pouted at the corner while waiting for our order. "You treated me dinner and even went with me for grocery shopping!"

He sighed. "I'll let it go this time."

I pinched both of his cheeks lightly. "Sounds sweet."

He laughed as he threw his head back. I wondered why he is not as care free as he is in school; before I could have asked him our number was called for the pick up.

"This is so good." He said as he pointed at the ice-cream. It's not comparable to anything I had like this before. Their ice-cream is much more delicious than the one in the seven stars too."

"Glad you liked it." I said.

"I think this will be my new place for dessert now!"

I laughed. "And I doubt anyone from school knows about this place."

"I guess so? I didn't bump into anyone from school over here, yet. Does it matter if they come here or not?"

"Do your friend come here?"

"You mean Claire? Sometimes, she is not a big fan of waffle. She comes here for ice cream."

"She doesn't like waffle?"

"Yea, one time as a child she had an incident with waffle and after that she hates it!"

And so like that, we ended up talking about our friends and then eventually about ourselves. Ian seemed much more relax and shared a couple of things about him and I wonder if anyone else in school knows about it. I have a doubt because everyone in school simply thinks he is the guy that is unapproachable or it may be just me. If you get to know him, he is decent and likeable. He have interest in the gaming industries and how creators make the games and that kind of things, I shouldn't be surprise but I was.

While driving me home he spoke about his family a little. "That place we just went? It's your family's hang out spot too?"

He laughed so much that I was worried about him driving and I even was considering to ask him to pull the car over.

"My parents bought that place for me as my birthday gift a while back. Once I'm eighteen, the place will be legally mine."

"That's a expensive gift."

"Can't disagree with that."

"So you and your friends hang out there, then?"

"We usually hang out in Cooper's place. His families are always out of town."

"He must be lonely then?" I suddenly felt bad for Cooper.

"We told him to look for a girlfriend." He chuckled lightly. "He calls us up every single night when he is home alone. It gets tiring and sometime annoying as well."

"But he is lonely."

"I know."he said sighing.

We pulled over to my place after that. He walked me to the door even though I insisted that it's fine, he can go ahead.

"It was a good night." He started. "Thank you for tonight."

"I should be thanking you." I said.

"Well, you did give me your time, so I want to thank you." He give me a million dollars smile and I almost fell for it.

"I'll see you on Monday?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Have a good night."

"You too." He said, he watched me go in before going back to his car. I had a good time with him. He was nice, carefree and I felt a little more close to him compare to before. I wonder if he will still be the same around his friends and others. I shake my head a little, I had a good time with him and I don't want to ruin the night by thinking of possibilities of how he will be on Monday. I kind of fell like I was falling for him, how can I not? When he is opening a little to me and show me a little inside to his world which seemed flawless from the outside but a little torn from the inside.

I made sure to do what Brent asked me to do making sure the place was secure before I went up stairs to take a shower and cozy up for bed. While in bed, I was scrolling through social media- I see posts about students from our school at some other party.

There was a video of Ian with lots of beer glasses in front of him and it seemed like the whole room was cheering him as they screamed "Chug! Chug!" while he was chugging the beer. He seemed to easily chugged down 5 big glasses of beer and at the end, Brooke came forward and they kissed each other. My heart felt numb and I quickly closed the app shaking my head from having the thought of having feelings for him. We're just friends? Or rather acquaintances and it's okay, if he is with someone else, kissing someone else. It shouldn't bother me. I said to myself as I tried to fall asleep. We are nothing, but just acquaintance.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Please add this book to your reading lists or library (for notifications for updates) thank you for your support ❤️