Chapter 25

Ellison Taylor

Kingsley was awed by Ian as he quickly introduced himself and I.

"Hello." I pretended I met him for the first time. "Nice to meet you."I said.

He raised one of his eyebrow at me and I did the same thing. He cleared his throat and said.

"I know Ellison from high school." He looked at Kingsley. "I noticed her and that's why I came forward to say hi." Kingsley looked at me for confirmation and I glared at the guy in front of me. He has the audacity to smirk in front of me. He was wearing a formal attire. All grey except his button up shirt is black . His hair was styled up, perfectly.

"Well, I said Hello so you can be on your way now." I said with a smile.

"You two went to high school together? I thought you graduated from a public school?You graduated from a public school?"

Ian shrugged. "It's so nice to see you again." He said his smirk dropping and he give me a small smile.

"Oh, look at the time. We should be heading for the meeting." Kingsley said and I was relieved to hear that.

"It was nice seeing you again." I said as I pulled Kingsley along with me.

Kingsley didn't question me about the awkwardness between Ian and I and I hope he doesn't bring it up later.

The conference room was already half filled when we entered. The board of directors was already there. Kingsley sat beside me in the meeting as we were handed out a binder.

Taylor walks in with a gloomy face. Her gloominess made me realized her aging and I frowned. She was so busy building this company and giving all her time, that she never had a chance to meet someone and fall in love. She stood in  front as all of us waited patiently for the meeting to begin.

"Thank you for coming in with such a short notice. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience it may have brought to you today due to this meeting, but I felt it was about time to talk about this very important matter and I apologize once again for this sudden announcement." She took a sharp breath and said. "I'm stepping down as the CEO of this company." And that earned gasps all around the room. No one expected that, not even me. I would have never imagined she giving up this place, this position that she built during her young age until now.

"It's about time that I should step down. I give all my time of youth to this place and I want to thank each and every single one of you here who is putting their every effort in the success of this company. I feel like it's about time, I take some time off and focus on my life." Everyone started throwing questions at her.She paused until the room went silent again.

"We, the board of directors and I have made terms of agreement with a company who is officially taking over this company as of today. May I present to you, your new CEO.. Mr.Collins who is the heirs of the company CC that is known world wide for electronics and hospitality and tourism. He is also the proud founder of the gaming & photography company called ET that have been seeing success for few years now. Please may I ask you to stand and give a round of applause to this young man." And Ian walks in with five people behind him, all holding some paper work. Ian walked in confidently, shaking hands with Taylor. He took over the microphone and looked at each one of us. His eyes was on me as he spoke.

"This decision was made few months backs. CC and ET was interested in the fashion industries for a while now and when Taylor came up with the offer, we just had to grab it. This idea and decision was kept a top secret due to all the transferring of shares and other legal procedures. Taylor, has come up with the decision of retirement for two years and our company has been focusing on making it happen as quickly as possible."And he looked away. "I'm glad all the paperwork's and legal work was done earlier than expected. I would like to thank Taylor." He said looking at her with a smile that looked sincere to me. "for trusting me and our company and giving her precious company that she worked so hard during her youth until now. We hope we will keep up the success of the company." And someone stepped in to hand him a bouquet of flowers to which he handed her with a smile. Taylor accepted it gladly with a huge smile on her face.

"There'll be dinner next Friday and the details will be announced. Thank you all for coming and I can't wait to work with each and everyone of you." He looked at me and I looked away. We all applauded and then there was announcement that the directors will have to stay back for another short meeting with our new CEO.The board of directors went forward to congratulate and shake his hand while Kingsley and I moved towards the exit with the other managers.

"I can't believe he is taking over this place." Kingsley said. "Do you think he will change some of the ways that we were following?"

"Like what?"

"Our working hours, vacations and benefits?" He said thoughtfully.

"I don't know?" I said unsure by the situation. I can't believe the guy that humiliated me in front of the whole school and who I hated and who I hate till now is going to be my Boss! I hope I take things in things a better way, than I before and what I really hope is-him leaving me out of his unwanted dramas.

Rosa waited with the other secretaries outside the room.

"What happened?" She asked. "What's with all the excitement about? We saw Mr. Collins walking inside?"

"You will be notified later." Kingsley said. "Right now, they just announced to us, but you will be noticed later." He sighed. "I'll see you guys later, I have a meeting to go to."

"Why does he look sad?" Rosa asked me and I shake my head while watching him leave.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. We are so close to 1k reads!! Thank you for supporting this book ❤️