Chapter 36

Ellison Taylor

My conversation with Brent went smoother than I thought and I was relieved to share this with him. I turned on my iPad to check my mails and to check the sales of our products. I got a text from Ian saying :

"I had a nice time today and I hope you had a good time too. Can't wait to see you on Friday. I'll pick you up after work, one of my security can drop your car off home."

I smiled at his texts, I feel like a teenage girl all over again and I took a deep breath. Calm down, Ellison. It's just a text.

I'm excited to spend sometime with him but that thought scares me. We are doing baby steps and I have to remind myself that we are still friends and will be hanging out as friends. My subconscious laughed at that thought knowing very well that Ian doesn't think that way, but at least I do.

Kingsley was curious about my time with Ian after he left. I kept it very short and said we spoke about work..which was not exactly a lie. We did spoke about work, but very briefly.

People have started noticing maybe? Or rumours must have started that I do know our Boss in personal level as people give me curious looks and whispers as I walked past them. My younger self would have ran and tried to find a place to hide. What they think shouldn't bother me and my life shouldn't bother them. They should find other things to do rather than to talk behind my back. Even my colleagues from my department has been firing questions non-stop after two of them saw him and I spending time;that's what they said-during my lunch break. They think I'm dating him. I didn't correct them or deny them because I know rumours will be circulating and no matter how much I deny it. No one will believe me. I was exhausted by Friday with the works and it doesn't help when your colleagues are too busy minding your business and not the work and I had enough by the time it was lunch break. We were slacking off and our plans has been moved a couple of times this week because apparently they found gossips to be much more time worthy than the due date for the submission of the files.

I had to call for an urgent meeting during lunch to point out all the flaws in our last projects, expectations for our upcoming projects and reminder of the due date for the submission of ideas and files.

Midway through our meeting, Natalie whispered way to loudly to the coworker beside her, "I think she is taking out her personal stress on us."

I paused what I was saying due to the interruption. "Please can you repeat what you just said?"

She blushed along with Janet beside her. Everyone was quiet and waited for me to continue, but I waited for Natalie to talk.

"What personal stress are you talking about?" I questioned. "I doubt you have any idea about my personal stress?"

"You and Mr. Collins." She said.

"And what is that?" I raised one of my eyebrow.

"You and Mr. Collins are dating.."

"That's none of your business." I heard Ian and I didn't even notice him walking in. "Our personal lives outside works shouldn't even bother the employees."

Everyone in the room was quiet as he walked in with two other guys following behind him.I remember Joe, but I have no idea who the other man in suit was. He was as tall as Joe and was carrying an iPad with him.

Natalie's mouth was shut and I think it's smarter that way if she doesn't want to get into more trouble with him.

"I've received complains personally from the clients about how this department was handling matters.Apparently, they accused that my employees had cancel meetings at the vey last moments and have not heard back from us and some of them said my employees is more attentive to gossips around the office than the meeting." He glared at everyone except me and I'm taken back by this man in front of me. He is not the relaxed and carefree Ian at the moment, he is the bossy and angry boss that is mad at us for not doing our jobs right. "I had to drop all my work at Collins to come and meet my employees personally who have been actively participating in gossips and you." He looked at Natalie. "What Ms. Taylor and I do outside work has nothing to do with you or anyone else."

"I want this department to personally contact the clients they have cancelled to reschedule and send a product as an apologies." He was fuming.

"We had to cancel some appointments because we got bigger deals." Ben explained proudly.

I was mad this time and so was Ian.

"You did what?" I snapped. Ben is suppose to be the Team leader of the department.

"Those clients that we cancelled are all new to the fields."

"But we promised them to help them build names by putting out shows?" I was angry now. "Why was I not informed about this."

"Natalie was suppose to." Ben said and everyone looked at her.

"It slipped my mind."

I glared at her.

"If you all could refrain from your daily gossips and focus on works that would not have happened." Ian snapped. "Further actions will be taken if employees are caught slacking in their work.You do not get paid to gossip about others. What Ms. Taylor and I do outside work is none of your business. Malicious commenters or hurtful gossipers will be facing consequences as part of the company's policy. Is everyone cleared about this topic?" He raised one of his eyebrow at everyone.

"Yes sir." Everyone said.

He sat with us for the rest of the meeting and it was nerve-wracking. He threw questions at us catching us off guard. Asked us about our previous sales, our previous shows profits and expenditures on shows and advertisement. When the meeting finally ended-everyone was ready to run out from the room.

"I want the upcoming projects shows ideas, expensive and targets of goal submitted by Wednesday." He said and all of us pale. Today is Friday, we have what? Three business days! Which means now we have to work on weekends too and I groaned internally. Well, at least I have to because I won't be here next week.

"Ms.Taylor." Ian called me out and I stopped in my track. "I need to have a word with you."

I turned around and walked back to the table. Everyone has left the room apart from the two people who he had walked in with.

"Are you okay?" He asked suddenly his face looked worrisome.

"I'm okay.. how about you?"

"I'm okay. I'm more concerned about you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable here." He frowns.

"Trust me.. I don't care about these things anymore. They have mouths to talk and all I can do is ignore." I shrug and he pat my head gently and I was surprised by his move

"What are you doing?"

He dropped his hand and it was by his side now. "I'm sorry that you have to go through this all over again." He whispered.

"It's okay." I said. "I'm okay." I reassured.

"You better be okay or they will face consequences." He scowled as he looked towards the door.

"Mr. Collins." I said rolling my eyes. "That's dramatic."

And he laughed. "Thanks!Ms.Taylor. Maybe I should start an entertainment company next."

And I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you!