Chapter 16

Ellison Taylor

I avoided social media's at all cost that night because I don't a repetition of last night. The memory of him kissing her burns my heart a little. I might have fallen for him a little by little unknowingly and that's the worse thing. He doesn't feel the same way about me. It's disappointing and that's the reality I can't change.

Claire unknowingly shared a picture of Ian at some party with me on iMessage and I frowned a little. He looked nice, he changed his outfit to a white V-neck shirt with dark jeans and classic vans with black denim jacket. He was holding a beer bottle in one of his hand and the other was on a girl's waist.

"I thought he had a thing for you?" She texted me.

"Nah.. we're just friends."

"Cool! How was your day?" She changed the topic quickly, but I can't get that damn picture out of my head. I texted her for a little while before going to bed at around two am. Brent was still not back and he didn't call to say if he was coming home. I usually don't call him, just in case he's working.

The next morning, I slept in knowing I have nothing much to do except for laundries and clean the house a little. It was already two pm by the time I finished the laundry, and started cleaning the house after lunch. Ian showed up later at my place. He looked tired, his lip was busted a little. He looked moody over all.

"What happened to you?" I asked pulling him inside the house. He was wearing a black shirt with red & black flannel shirt with his infamous black skinny jeans and vans.

"I'm sleepy." Was the only thing he said and pulled me for a hug.

Since he was taller than me he had to bend a little as he buried his head near my neck. He smelled of mint and a little bit of alcohol.

"Did you drink?" I asked pulling away from him. "Did you drive here?"

"No." He said as he pulled me back for another hug. "I don't drink and drive. I worry about the people's safety.I don't want my stupid drinking driving decision causing trouble."

"That's a smart move." I agree. "I'm impressed."

"Can I take a nap?"

"Why don't you go back to your place?"

"I came here all the way and you want me to go back home?"

"Why did you drink in broad day light?"

"Because you don't want to spend time with me."

"What about your busted lip? Did you get into trouble?"

"Just a tiny bit." He said pulling me away and giving me a guilty smile. "Nothing to worry about."

"Did you clean the wound?" I asked.

"It will heal."

"It'll leave scars if you don't take care of it. Come let's clean the wound, I see blood." I said pulling him towards the kitchen.

He was sound asleep in my room and I was worried to turn on the vacuum just in case he was a light sleeper. I just wiped the areas and started getting ready for dinner. Brent texted me, he will be home tonight but around midnight.

"Ian." I whispered gently, hoping he will wake up. I don't want to scare him by waking him up loudly. He groaned and opened one of his eyes.

"I'm sleepy." He mumbled and turned the other way.

"It's eight pm already! It's time for dinner." I said shaking him lightly.

"Five more minutes." He whined.

"You won't be able to sleep at night if you continue to sleep now." I said.

He sat up, his hair looked messy but he still looked handsome. It's so unfair how even with his busted lip, messy hair he still look handsome.

"You might want to take my pictures if you want to stare at me." He joked.

"I was not staring at you!" I mumbled. I can feel my face heating up with embarrassment. I definitely didn't mean to stare at him.

"I don't mind you staring at me, it shows progression." He grinned.

"What progression?" I asked.

"Progression of maybe you liking me."

"You think I dislike you?" I asked.

"You are not too nice to me, so I think you dislike me."

"What do you mean I'm not nice to you?"

"You don't want to hang out with me? You don't even want to talk to me half the time and most of the time you are ignoring me."

"I never ignored you?" I even doubted what I just said.

"Then what was yesterday all about?"

"I was not avoiding you. I was really tired." I said as I stood up straight to walk to the door.

I heard him shift from the bed and heard his footsteps following behind me and then downstairs. I made salmon with mashed potatoes and veggies. I hope he likes it. Something must be wrong with me? Why do I even want his approval now?

"Sorry, I didn't ask you if you liked salmon. I know some people doesn't like it- I didn't know what else to make..."

"I love salmon." He give me a reassuring smile and sat down looking at the plate. "I'm starving!" He said. "Thank you for cooking."

"No worries." I said feeling reassured a little and sat down. We ate the dinner silently. I watched him eat, his expression didn't change at all. It was a blank expression, but he kept complimenting me for my cooking.

"You're a gook cook." He said. "I love it."

"Thanks?" I said, unsure how to respond. I feel awkward when people compliment me. I have no idea how else to respond apart from a thanks.

"I'll do the dishes since you cooked." He said.

"Have you washed dishes before?" I asked curiously. I doubt he ever did it, with the money he have and his family background.

"There's always a first time for everything and doing dishes is one of the many firsts I will be experiencing with you." He smiled as he started collecting the plates. He struggled at first, but then he figured it out. While he was doing the dishes I wiped the table clean and after that I helped him with the dishes.

"Am I not doing a good job for my first time?" He asked.

"I can't believe I have to compliment someone for doing dishes."

"Like I said, there is always a first time for everything." He grinned.

"You are doing a good job in doing the dishes." I said patting his head lightly.

"Am I?" He asked, bending down, so his face was just inches away from mine.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you for your support ❤️