Chapter 17

Ellison Taylor

I blinked my eyes and moved away from him quickly. He laughed a little before shaking his head lightly. "You're cute."

"Jeez, thanks!" I said.

"No, seriously. You're too cute and I don't know if I can handle anymore of your cuteness without-." He paused.

"Without what?" I asked pushing him to continue.

He shake his head. "Nothing." He said as he put the last dish away to dry. Just then his phone rang and he quickly dried his hand before accepting the call and moving away from me. I believe he wanted some privacy, he came back after sometime-scratching his hair lightly in awkwardness. "Sorry, I've actually got to go somewhere."

"No problem." I said, I was not really expecting him to stay any longer. He have better things to do, better places to go and better people to hang out with.

"I'm really sorry. I really appreciated the dinner and thank you for allowing me to stay for a while."

"No worries." I said with a blank look on my face.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and I simply nodded my head and give him a small smile. He walked towards the door with his things. I locked the door after he left. I sighed as I walked towards my room. The room now smelled like mint and him. I took out my laptop to watch some videos to spend the rest of my night. At ten, I decided to go to bed as tomorrow is a school day.

The next morning, I was surprised by Brent's presence. He was brewing coffee. He looked like a mess with his messy hair and eye bag. I was worried about him, he seemed very tired.

"Brent? Why are you up so early?" I asked as I put some breads on the toaster.

"I wanted to catch up with you.I'm sorry I was not home for a while-" He started to explained.

"It's fine, Brent. I understand. It's work."

"I'll make it up to you." He said. "I promise." As he give me a light kiss on my head. "Have a good day at school and also you might want to keep yourself off this Sunday, maybe? We can have a day out?"

"Really? Where are we going?" I asked, excitedly.

"It's a surprise!" He grinned as he poured some coffee to the mug. "Have a good day, stay away from trouble. You're working today?"

"No." I shake my head.

"Perfect. We can go for bowling and then dinner?"

"Sounds like a plan." I said and took out my toast from the toaster.

"I'll drop you off to school." He offered.

"No, its okay. I'm actually going with Claire." I lied. I wanted him to get enough sleep. I don't want him to drive all the way to school and then come back here. He can actually use that time to sleep and get a good rest.

"Okay, Later then." He waved at me before taking his coffee and started walking to his room.

"See you." I called out.

Ian texted me that he'll come and pick me when I was already in the bus stop waiting for my bus.

"It's fine. I'm already in the bus stop. I'll see you in school."

"Do not move from there, please. I'm almost there-I'll pick you up from the bus stop."

I almost got on the bus, but then I stopped myself. I had to wait for another few minutes before he pulled his car in front of me and I quickly got in because there was cars behind him.

"I thought you knew I was going to pick you up?" He started as soon as I put on my seat belt and he started driving.

"I didn't know that? And its actually fine. I can go to school by myself."

"It's actually fine by me. I want to drive you to school."

"Is it even on your way?" I asked curiously. I honestly have no idea where he even live.

"Yea." He said sounding insincere to me.

"You're sure?"

"100%." he said giving me a quick smile before looking in front.

El was already in the parking lot, beside his car. He was checking his phone. When he saw me- he seemed surprised at first, but quickly covered it with a smile. "What are you doing with Ian, this morning?" He asked.

"He said my house was on the way, so he picked me up."

El raised one of his eye brow at Ian, but didn't say anything and it seemed like Ian was ignoring him by simply checking his phone.

"Well, sounds nice." El said, quickly changing the topic. "I was actually waiting for Ian, I wanted to have a talk with him." He give me a smile.

"Of course, I'll go ahead. See you guys soon." I said, awkwardly waving at them. Ian, seemed like he wants to be anywhere else apart from there. El, seemed determined to have a talk with Ian because he stood in front of Ian making sure he couldn't escape.

I walked towards my locker to take out some of my books from my bag when Wilson suddenly popped out of nowhere and give me a small fright.

"Sorry." He apologized as he handed me a bag of cookies.

"I accept your apologies because of these cookies." I grinned. Wilson makes the best cookies ever! He used to make it often when his sister was at home, but since she is in College and started living in dorm- he made it lot lesser.

"Thanks." He said. "Where is Claire? I got here a bag too."

'She should be here, soon?" I said, wondering where she was. She is usually here at this time in campus- she's never this late, unless she is not coming and she hardly skip school unless it is very important.

I quickly texted her to ask where she was.

"Lateeeee." Was her only reply to me.

Before I could inform Wilson about this. A  guy comes running to me. "Ian is fighting with El." He shouted from across the hallway. "You should go."

"Where are they?" I asked.

"In the parking lot." Before I could run, Wilson pulled me back.

"I think you should stay out of this." He suggested.

"They are my friends,too." I said and moved his hands away from me and quickly went for the exit. It was brutal. El was on top of Ian and was punching him.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please add this book to your reading list or to your library if you haven't yet. Thank you for your support ❤️