three ; little bit of history

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

MRS WEASLEY FOLLOWED US UPSTAIRS, wearing a grim expression.

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she said as we reached the first landing, "we've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," she added to Hermione and me, "so try not to wake her up."

I highly doubted Ginny was actually asleep, but nevertheless, Hermione and I bid the boys goodnight before quietly slipping into our room. I made sure to lock the door behind us, since Kreacher had a tendency to wander in and snoop around our things.

As I suspected, Ginny was very awake, and greeted us by sitting upright in her bed and demanding that we tell her everything. After changing into our pyjamas and climbing into our own beds, Hermione and I obliged, and proceeded to tell the youngest Weasley everything that had been discussed in a whisper until we fell asleep.

Fortunately, that night was on the calmer side in terms of dreams. The ones I could remember seemed to be fairly normal, though of course, there were the usual flashes of hooded figures, snake-like faces with red eyes, and a familiar body falling heavy on the ground.

Due to the fact that I woke up so many times during the night, I was usually either the first or last person in the house to be awake. The following morning, I just so happened to be the very last.

"Rory, come on, wake up!" a girl's voice demanded, as a pair of hands shook my shoulders. I groaned in annoyance at having finally fallen into a deep sleep only to be woken up again.

"Mrs Weasley says to get up, we let you sleep in, but breakfast is in the kitchen and then she needs us in the drawing room — the Doxy infestation is worse than we thought, and she's found a nest of dead Puffaskeins under the sofa."

For a few seconds, I kept my eyes closed, debating on whether or not it was worth it to actually get out of bed. That didn't work for very long, however, because someone (most likely Ginny) took it upon themselves to pull all of my blankets off of me. With a gasp at the sudden chill, I reluctantly rolled onto my side and sat up, rubbing my eyes blearily.

"Merlin, all right, I'm up," I said, turning to glare at Ginny and Hermione, who were already dressed.

Hermione was doing a very bad job at hiding her amusement. "We'll meet you downstairs."

With that, the two of them left the room, giggling amongst themselves and leaving me alone in the dreary bedroom. Exhaling deeply, I swung my legs off of the bed, only to wince when my bare feet touched the cold wooden floor. After getting dressed and throwing my hair into a messy sort of braid thing, I left the room for the kitchen.

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was that the vast room smelled of toast and tea. The second was that Ron and Harry were in there as well, munching on their breakfasts at the table. Well, Harry was, at least; Ron's plate was already empty.