nine ; secret keeper

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

AFTER MINE AND HARRY'S detention with Umbridge, I decided to stay up and finish my homework in the common room. By the time I was done, my watch read half past four in the morning. I didn't remember falling asleep, but the next thing I knew, I was being jarred awake by someone pulling out the chair next to me and jostling my books around.

I sat up with a start before realising it was only Harry and Ron, who had both neglected to do their own homework. Harry, I could understand, but Ron really had no excuse.

"Why didn't you do it last night?" I asked, yawning, as Ron stared wildly around the common room for inspiration.

Bent low over the table, scribbling a few words in his dream journal, he muttered something about doing other stuff. Harry and I glanced at each other, and I shrugged.

"That'll have to do," Ron said, slamming the diary shut. "I've said I dreamed I was buying a new pair of shoes, she can't make anything weird out of that, can she?"

Having not gone to breakfast, the boys and I gathered our things before heading off for Divination, which was always a great way to start the day.

"How was detention with Umbridge, anyway?" Ron asked, as we made our way up towards the North Tower. "What did she make you two do?"

Once again, Harry and I exchanged looks, though this time they were slightly alarmed. After a moment, Harry finally said, "Lines." I nodded.

"That's not too bad, then, eh?" Ron said.

"Nope," I said, sighing. Cutting words into your hands and using your own blood as ink wasn't bad at all.

"Hey, Harry — I forgot — did she let you off for Friday?"

"No," Harry replied.

Ron groaned sympathetically.

It was a normal sort of day after that. Professors McGonagall, Grubbly-Plank and Sinistra gave us more homework, which was expected, so it wasn't all that bad. The only thing I wasn't happy about was that Harry had another detention with Umbridge. He seemed to be especially angry with her after seeing that my hand hadn't healed as much as his had, which I was sure wouldn't make things easier that evening.

To add to Harry's amazing mood, Angelina tracked him down at dinner again after learning that he wouldn't be able to attend tryouts on Friday. She told him that she was not at all impressed by his attitude and that she expected players who wished to remain on the team to put training before their other commitments.

I thought this was rather stupid, and tried to tell Angelina she was being unreasonable, but she wouldn't hear any of it.

"I'm in detention!" Harry yelled after her as she stalked away. "D'you think I'd rather be stuck in a room with that old toad or playing Quidditch?"