Chapter 6. The Story of Karla

Karla was born and raised in Florida. Her family lived in Texas, California, and New Jersey. She was more in touch of her Texan side of her family. Her cousin Victor and I were friends as kids. I never truly remembered Karla except these past months I seemed to remember her more and more. This is Karla and this is her story.

"Growing up in Miami was hard for my family. My dad had two jobs and so did my mom. It was my older sister who took care of me but I mostly focused on school. I went from being a chubby cute girl, to this princess of Puerto Rico. But I didn't feel secure about it. So I changed my look to match my smarts.

Boys lost interest immediately except for one guy, the first boy I ever dated at 15. He didn't like me though, he bullied me during the time we dated. My parents found out and we moved away. I was glad I never saw that kid again.

In Orlando, I got to travel to Texas back and forth. I had my thought to move with my cousin victor's family since they loved me so much. Every time I went, I saw Richard and Victor. I wanted to play with them but they had no interest in a nerdy girl. I stopped visiting at 19 years old but, victor and I kept in touch. Back in Orlando, I was dating another guy. We did fall in love but my mom got sick. The best treatment for her was back in Puerto Rico. The medicine didn't work and she passed away when I was still 19. My father never stopped mourning. He forgot he had daughters and stayed in the island.

I found out the guy I dated had some strange tattoos on his body. I asked him what they were and he said it was the mark of the rift. He was a low ranking agent though. He betrayed the rift and tried to rape me. My sister fought him and she won. The guy was dead on our floor and the rift came to pick him up. They discarded us like trash though. My sister used her last of her money to send me to college while she went to work in Miami.

I'll never forgive that guy for almost raping me. The scars in my head still being memories. He almost beat me with a hammer. I'm glad my sister intervened to this day. After that moment I wanted to try dating girls instead. Try the waters for something fresh. I met Karla just a few weeks later.

I went into the tattoo parlor to get something in memory of my mom and my sister. I got Karla instead after 10 hours of talking and pouring my heart out to her. I did what I did because I deserve to be happy at least once in my life. You ruined it all with what you did."

"Do you honestly still think I wouldn't be here if I didn't love you?" Asked Caty.

" believe me Karla there have been plenty of times when I wanted to walk out of this relationship but I stayed. We aren't a perfect couple Karla. Accept that because I have. It's fucked up what we did. But that doesn't give you the fucking excuse to kill someone. You crossed the line big time."

Caty turned back to me, "I have the clue because she's been saying it for weeks now. I just never realized it was actually a clue. The riddle is; Those who leave their friends are worse than scum."

"That's a freaking naruto line! That's not a riddle!"

"Richard she's said it hundreds of times that has to be the riddle."

We turned back to Karla to confirm, "yeah that's it."

"Alright well what do you want to do with her?"

"How's your head feel?"

I felt a little light on my feet and my fingers felt as if the blood was being drained out.

"Not too good."

"Jesus that's why, he's bleeding from the neck!"

Maya wrapped a towel around my neck and she kept the pressure on. The searing pain kept me from passing out.