Chapter 12. Surprises

8 months later...

We no longer lived in Orlando. We packed our stuff and moved away to an unknown location known to very few. I waited outside my new home for jasmine. Her husband, James couldn't come but, it was nice to have her visit. Caty and Karla also were coming. They stayed as friends for just 1 month and got back together 7 months ago. Hunter was coming with his family to visit the new place. Away from the cities, nothing but the ocean and the sand to see now every day.

When everyone arrived, they all had brought pink bags. Clothes for baby Lizzie. My sister was the biggest show off, buying her a doll mansion when she wasn't even born yet.

"Thank you Jasmine really! Wow I'll save it until she's old enough!"

"So Jasmine, we know Maya is having a girl but you're 12 weeks pregnant you should know by now right?" Asked hunter.

"Honey be nice."

"What it's an honest question."

"Actually I'm not just having one. It's twins."

No one got excited as much as hunters wife, who had 1 set of twins and 2 more kids.

"Wow sis, years ago I told you that you had the biggest blessing but now you're carrying 2 of them?"

"Yeah which is weird because James has no twins in any of his family. Twins are mostly a gene thing. There's zero info in The Rift's archives of our parents either."

"So you think mom could have been a twin or someone related to her?"

"Dad could have been a twin two or same case but we will never know."

"Ok way too much family mystery for me. I need another beer, Richard?"

"I'm alright"

"Ladies?"

"You got 2 pregnant and one is a responsible mom, heck yeah get me one."

"Alright!"

"Oh boy."

"Hey Richard, do you mind if I talked to you alone?" Asked my sister

"Yeah sure."

We walked to her car in order to get some space," you ok? How's the babies?"

"They're tires but please just listen. It's been almost 9 months so I have to ask, what did the caretaker told you?"

"I knew you had seen him! When did you go?"

"Just before James and I dated. Would you focus?!"

"Wow you're both so alike for sure."

"He gave me this USB. He said that the technology limits of our time are capable of being slow enough for whatever in in here, to work."

"Alright well let's go downstairs and I'll hook it up to my laptop."

We walked inside to head downstairs. Once in my personal study room, I locked the door behind us. Info of the caretaker had been leaking in tiny amounts to all of the 16 families. They all know what's coming now and they are all planning something as big as the rupture.

I took out a new laptop. One that was clean enough to never be detected. No connection to WiFi, no camera, yet still very fast. I plugged in the usb and then a video popped out.

"Hello Richard and Jasmine. By now you're starting to watch this video. What will it do to the timeline? Nothing and I made sure of that so I'll tell you the work I've done.

Let's start with The Rift. This organization is by far the largest in member in active services all over the world. However, The Rift is supposed to work on the good and the bad of the world. They're supposed to be guides to a more proper society. Their ideology was failed when your parents committed the actions that killed them. Trust me you two, the rift lives on for almost 300 years.