two

supertraves: i had lots of fun. let's do that again sometime

Cooper read the message over and over again. Tavis's muffled excited screams, soft skin, beautiful brown eyes, cute curly hair. Cooper let out a heavy breath. He was fucked. So fucked.

To think of this from a business point of view, he had what might be a regular. That's fucking amazing.

cscoop: just so you know, my regular fee is not 5$

He had to play hard to get. Well... as hard to get as he could without pushing away a customer.

supertraves: i know =)

Cooper couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. Whatever, either way he needed to be certain that this was not going to be a one time thing.

cscoop: well just let me know when you’re free and i’ll be over again

supertraves: yea

Spending the day focused on job applications was hell. His mind would not focus. It kept drifting to Travis and was impossible to keep in check. A few hours go by and Cooper finally gives up in futility. He’s annoyed with himself.

He’s annoyed in general, actually.

He doesn’t place what he’s annoyed about until he finally leaves his bedroom and spots his roommates cuddled up, watching the TV. Joko, Liam and Mikey, all pressed together under a blanket and watching some show Cooper’s never seen before. It’s bullshit but Cooper wants to join them. He technically could, they’d probably be happy to sit with him. But he doesn’t.

Leaned against the fridge on the floor, he eats a cold slice of pizza as he scrolls through his phone.

slimecicle: hey!

Cooper almost coughs out his bite of pizza. Usually business is pretty slow. Maybe two guys a week if he’s lucky. 

cscoop: hey, how can i help you?

His roommates all burst out laughing from the next room over and something tugs at his chest.

slimecicle: you came with a great recommendation. I was wondering when you were free to work?

What. 

cscoop: i’m free whenever, just give me a time and an address

Did… Did Travis recommend Cooper to people? What does that even mean? So at least he did actually enjoy last night.

slimecicle: tomorrow night, around 10?

cscoop: works for me

Wow. 

His roommates burst out laughing again and pull Cooper from his phone. He really fucking wants to hang with them but some reason he feels like he can’t. So instead he goes to bed.

Maybe tomorrow he'll plan something with the three of them.

He doesn't sleep very well, every time he's about to pass out he thinks about Travis and has to calm his racing heart down.

-

It's just past 10 the next night, he's standing outside of a small house and checking that he has the address right. He does. This is the right house.

The door swings open as he brings his hand up, taking him back in surprise. Slimecicle is just taller than Cooper, dark blond hair, glasses, buff and just the happiest smile Cooper has ever seen on anyone.

"Cscoop!" Slimecicle pulls Cooper into a hug, catching him even more off guard. He's not sure what he expected but not this.

"Hey, Slimecicle-” he cuts himself off when the smell of cotton candy overpowers his senses. Why the fuck does this man smell so good?

“Here, come in, have a seat, do you want anything to drink?” Slimecicle steps out of the way and lets Cooper into the small livingroom to take a seat on the couch.

“Yeah, if you have a beer or something.” The room feels… beige. The walls are a faded tan and the couch is just a few shades lighter, the carpet just the same. There’s a small TV on a light brown table across from the couch and a few pictures hung up around the room. 

“So,” Slimecicle calls from the kitchen, opening a fridge and clinking glasses around, “do you do full service?”

This man didn’t even check Cooper’s FAQ smh. Cooper relaxes onto the couch, which isn’t nearly as comfortable as it looked before he sat on it. “Yeah, 200 for the first hour and 50 after that.”

“That’s actually not nearly what I thought you were going to say, I’ll be honest.” Slimecicle reenters the living room, holding two closed beers in one arm and a bottle opener in the other. “I would have opened yours but you don’t know me so I figured I’d let you do it.”

Cooper snorts a little bit at that, “What a gentleman.”

Slimecicle shrugs, “I try.” 

Cooper opens his beer and takes a swig. “So you said I came with a recommendation?”

Slimecicle laughs, “Yeah you did, but he asked me not to tell you.”

“Ahh,” Cooper nods, “it couldn’t possibly be the only customer I’ve had in this town or the guy who’s in some of the pictures on your walls.”

Slimecicle bursts out laughing, spitting a little bit of the beer out, “Well, okay, yeah, I didn’t realize he was the only person who could have recommended you.”

Cooper wants to ask what Travis said about him, but instead resigns himself to ask, “Is he like your best friend or did he put flyers up around town with my face on them or something?”

They both laugh a little bit, and Cooper can’t even be certain why he was even nervous to come here anymore. 

“No, we just have a friend group that we talk to and Travis said some stuff is all.”

It takes literally every ounce of self-control in Cooper’s body to not pounce on Slimecicle and demand more information on that.

“So should I be expecting solicitation from your entire friend group then?”

Slimecicle pauses for a moment, “Well if tonight goes nearly as well as I’ve been told it will, yes.”

Oh shit… Pressure.

“Well it’s a good thing I’m great at my job.” Cooper gives Slimecicle a smirk, and he just loves the way his face tints pink just ever so slightly. “So what did you have in mind?”

“Nothing too specific. I can just take charge and you let me know if there’s anything you don’t do.”

“I’m down for that.” 

Slimecicle sets his beer on the glass coffee table, Cooper follows suit.

“Alright, follow me then,” Slimecicle gets up and leads Cooper towards the kitchen and off towards a closed door with giant green letters on it spelling “CHARLIE”.

“I hope that’s your room and not your little siblings or something,” Cooper says.

“No, don’t worry, that’s my room.” Amazing. “Stop me if I’m too much,” Charlie says this, and Cooper’s still processing what he said when Charlie grips his shirt collar and pulls him into a rough kiss, using the other hand to open the bedroom door and leading them slowly in backwards.

Cooper gets a very nice night’s rest when he gets home.

AN-
I made a playlist on spotify for this fic I'll put a link at the end of the next chapter