five

Mister A's smells like woodchips and cheese, which is a really weird thing to want your restaurant to smell like but Cooper doesn't really give a shit.

They're led to a small table in the corner, Travis holds Cooper's chair for him before sitting down. His heart pounds loud enough to drown out the other people in the restaurant.

It's hard to feel... comfortable in a place like Mister A's. Everyone dressed better than Cooper could ever dream of and eating food he knows he'll never afford. He's just a whore here with the stupid idiot who thinks a prostitute is someone you take out to eat.

Travis is looking through the menu with furrowed eyebrows.

"So... what are you getting?" Cooper's not going to pretend he's ever been here before. He has no idea what to order.

"I mean... steak? That's usually good at places like this, right?"

"Isn't it like super expensive?"

Travis shrugs in response and Cooper has to actively regulate his breathing. Travis could fucking wave at Cooper and he'd lose his goddamn mind.

Maybe Travis isn't the stupid idiot afterall.

"The wine looks good," Cooper points to it on his menu. He's not about to ask if he can order specific stuff but a lot of this shit would bleed him dry and he's not trying to make Travis go running.

"Mhm, are you gonna get a bottle?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay when we pay you might have to do it, but don't worry I'll pay you back for it."

Cooper narrows his eyes.

"I can't but alcohol."

Cooper stops starring Travis down for long enough to laugh. "I figured that, I'm just not certain how much I trust you to pay me back."

Travis's face lights up, "I- W- Well I-" he keeps sputtering until Cooper smiles.

"Well I have your home address and your friends numbers and addresses so I guess it wouldn't too hard."

Travis laughs.

"You have the cutest laugh I've ever seen." Cooper's trying to look seductive and not starstruck but he's uncertain how well he does at that.

Travis's face is blushed and he covers his face with his hands, smiling at Cooper between his fingers.

The waiter arrives for their orders and Cooper ends up just asking for what Travis is having so he doesn't have to look at his menu anymore.

Their dinner goes really fucking well, Cooper's surprised at how well they make conversation. Their flow comes easy and natural and it makes Cooper want to spend actual time with Travis, not just suck his cock.

"So you're not 21 yet," Cooper asks, his mouth full of steak of it's really good and Travis has seen him with grosser stuff in his mouth.

"No," Travis says it like he's kind of sad about it.

"How old are you then?"

"19."

"What the fuck?" Cooper double takes. "What's your job then? Or is your family really wealthy?"

"I work at a tech company and troubleshoot. It's really shitty hours, no one wants the job, and it's super high demand."

"Ohh..." Cooper nods. "That's really cool, my roommate goes to college for computer shit."

"Nice, do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Go to school? Or work?"