seven

Cooper wakes up the next morning, having slept better than he had in months. The oversized shirt and sweats are the comfiest things he's ever worn. Travis splayed on top of him, an arm and a leg holding Cooper in place, his head laying on Cooper's chest as snores rock his body.

The two of them just barely fit on the bed like this and it's no wonder why the first time he came over they did it on the couch. Cooper gives Travis a squeeze and kisses the top of his head. This is something he wants for the rest of his life.

Realizing that makes him go cold. Despite the clothes and the human space heater and the blankets, the idea that Cooper is in love shocks him to his core. It's not that he's never felt it before, it's that he never thought he'd feel it again.

Sometimes too much sex is a bad thing.

And sometimes you fall in love.

Cooper realizes he has to pee. Travis is literally on top of him, snuggled in. Ah fuck.

"Hey, Trav," Cooper mutters into Travis's hair.

"Mmmm." Travis buries his face into Cooper's chest.

"Bud, I need you to move."

"Mmnnnmm." Travis tightens his loose grip on Cooper and Cooper has to laugh and hold him back.

"I lo-ove yo-ou," Cooper sings as close to his ear as he can get.

Travis lets go and shoots up, a look of surprise on his face. Eyes round and mouth slightly pointed down.

Cooper laughs harder as he slides out of bed, "Babe, I'm only kidding."

"Wha-at?! No- you can't do- say that and then-" Travis lets out an exasperated sigh and flops his back onto the bed. Cooper laughs as he leaves the room.

Carson waves at Cooper from the kitchen table at the end of the hall and Cooper waves back. After he's done in the bathroom, he reenters Travis's room to find Travis on his phone, hoodie pulled all the way up and tightened.

"Hey Trav," Cooper greets before climbing on top of him. His head under Travis's arms, resting just under his chin and their chests pressed together. Cooper wraps his arms around Travis's stomach and his legs on either side of Travis.

"Je- Coop- What are you-?"

"Hug me baaack."

"I- o.. okay." Travis sets his phone to the side and lays his arms on Cooper's back. "Hey, I had a question."

Travis smells like something sweet, possibly cookies, and faintly like flowery laundry detergent. "Yeah?" Cooper lets go of Travis and rolls to the side of him, on his side so he doesn't fall off the tiny bed. He has one leg wrapped over Travis's legs, and a hand on his chest.

"What was last night?"

Heavy breathing. Movement like the waves of the ocean. Cooper bites his lip so he doesn't yell.

"What do you mean?"

"Well," Travis rolls over so he's on his side, facing Cooper. They're barely inches apart, "I paid you for dinner, and I didn't have plans on having you over last night. So should I pay you for last night?"

Now this is a dilemma. If he says no it sets a precedent that Travis can call Cooper for sex and not pay him. It means admitting that he doesn't think of Travis as a client. If he says yes it means that he and Travis might never be anything more. Travis keeps paying him and they keep hanging out.

"Uh..." Cooper rolls onto his back and looks up at the ceiling. "I mean... you didn't book me for it and you payed for our date anyway."

"Hey Cooper?"

The air feels hot and thin. Cooper might pass out any second.

"Yeah, Travis?"

"I l... I really enjoy spending time with you."

Cooper smiles as he looks over at Travis. "Me too."

Travis climbs on top of Cooper, straddling him, he leans in close, kisses Cooper slowly, and then climbs off the bed. "I need to get ready for work."

"And here I'm still on the job."

Travis starts rummaging through his dresser, pulling out a pair of basketball shorts. "Do you need to change into anything?"

"Mmm," Cooper thinks for a few seconds, "I'll just go home soon and change there. I'm coming back at like 8 or 10 tonight for Noah. I can drop these off then," Cooper looks down at Travis's shirt and sweats he's wearing.

"Oh yeah, that makes sense. Me and Carson are both working tonight."

"Maybe I can stay late and see you too?" Cooper smirks and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Haha, noooo- Well I mean not no, maybe. I dunno. I don't get home until about one am and that's kinda late. You should definitely be at your own house by then."

"Fi-ine..." Cooper pauses in thought, definitely not watching Travis change into shorts and a different shirt before pulling on a hoodie. "You should definitely call me before you go to sleep though."

"O-okay." Travis smiles.

Cooper picks his phone up from the ground and almost shits himself when he sees 15 missed calls and 20 unread messages. His phone is at like 20%. Oops.

"Oh fuck," Cooper whispers scrolling through the notifs. It's mostly Joko asking how the date is going but it slowly turns into Joko asking if he needs to call the police and Liam and Mikey texting him to see what's up.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot to tell my roommates what I was doing. Fuck." Cooper is aware that Joko is in class right now, but calls him anyway.

He answers on the second ring.

"Cooper?!" Joko's slightly out of breath. In the background he hears Mikey say something shocked.

"Wait, why are you still at home? Don't you have class?"

"Are you okay dude?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just spent the night at Travis's."

There's a few seconds of a pause. "You ASSHOLE!" Joko's laughing in relief. "I stayed home today because I was worried about your dumb ass."

"Oh fuck dude. I'm sorry about that- I didn't- We just stayed out pretty late and had a lot of fun so we just went back here. I'm sorry I forgot to text, I meant to but I was just-"

"Too busy being a slut, yeah I gottchu. When are you coming back?"

"Few minutes. Bus takes like 20."

"Got it."

"I love you dude."

Cooper can hear the smile in Joko's face. "I love you too." He hangs up.

Travis has worry on his face so Cooper gets out of bed and wraps his arms around Travis's, rocking them around a bit. "It's all good. I was just being dumb and not responding to my friends."

"So everything's okay?"

"Yep."

Travis giggles a bit and Cooper is certain that he never wants this to end.

AN-

I kinda wanna make a shipper discord server or something. But i wanna be able to keep our identities and socials as priv as we like so it'd be invite by me only. Hmu if you'd be interested