four

Cooper feels like he's hungover the next morning, but he knows he's not. Staying out too late too many nights in a row. Hell. He rolls over and and almost drops his phone when he sees the amount of notifications he has.

He sees the message notifications from Tavis an expertly decides to answer them last.

hugbox: works for me, xxxx rd

Cooper blanks for a moment and rubs his eyes. That's Travis's address. This is one of his roommates.

cscoop: it's a date

Working his way down his notification feed, he stops at Cmc next.

cmc: my friends said you were really nice! unfortunately I'm super busy so we cant plan anything sooner than Thursday

cscoop: hey, that works for me. im booked until tuesday anyway

To believe literally two days ago he was worried he was going to have to move back home. And now he seems to have legit business rolling in.

wilbursoot: wow... we really got carried away last night, I'm so sorry about that

Cooper laughs at his phone. It was mostly his own fault, unable to turn sex down.

cscoop: not ur fault, i really enjoyed it

The reply is immediate.

wilbursoot: im glad. maybe we'll do it again?

cscoop: maybe ;)

Cooper knows full well he would drop most anything to hookup with Wilbur again.

He drags his groggy ass out of his room and onto the living room couch. Mikey is asleep as the dining room table so Cooper takes extra care to be quiet.

jschlatt: just so you know, im very assertive with what i want

Yeah. No fucking shit.

cscoop: i wouldn't have it any other way

There's only one more person to check texts from...

supertraves: im excited for tonight! what busstop should i pick you up at?

cscoop: ill bus a few blocks away from your house & let you know when im there

supertraves: okay! :3

Did he just fucking :3? What the fuck? Cooper has half a mind to cancel the date right then and there.

supertraves: how's ur day been?

Staring at that, Cooper can't decide what it means exactly. Travis wants to talk to him, that much is clear. What exactly does he want to hear though?

cscoop: i just woke up but now that you're talking to me, it's amazing

supertraves: aha ur gonna make me blush!

Cooper hates it but he actually giggles audibly and his face heats up.

cscoop: that's the plan

supertraves: <3 <3 OH NO I FORGOT I HAve work to do right now!!!!!! talk to you later coopie!

Usually a customer calling him something so close to his real name would put him on edge but for some reason... this doesn't. It makes his heart beat faster.

"Stop giggling like a little girl," Mikey mumbles from the table he's laying on. Cooper's pulled from his phone and stops laughing immediately. He's known Mikey online forever so he knows he's only joking, but he's only known him in real life for the week he's been in LA so it still seeds anxiety.

"Why are you sleeping on the table?" Cooper asks, leaning over the back of the couch to see Mikey.

"Mind your own fucking business, cunt."

"Jesus bro, okay."

Cooper's day is spent trying to keep his nerves down and obsessively making sure he looks fine for the date. He realizes at some point that he's about to be paid to eat dinner at the fucking fanciest restaurant ever and has to have Liam reality check him.

Instead of asserting to Cooper that he's really living in LA and that this is all really happening, Liam invites him to play Rocket League in the living room.

Joko comes home just before Cooper heads out, long enough to laugh and tell Cooper he looks nice. Cooper's bus ride is nerve racking and he texts Travis when his stop is next. The bus drops him off and he stands there, awkwardly on the side of the road, at night, wearing a suit.

"This fucking sucks."

Cooper sits down on the sidewalk, Liam's suit moving stiffly around as Cooper tries not to rip any of it. The sky is cloudy and polluted with city light so basically no stars are out, but the air is warm at least.

A large black SUV pulls up, dragging Cooper's eyes from the sky. Travis jumps out of the back, his suit the cutest thing Cooper's ever seen on anyone, and holds the door open for Cooper.

"What's all this?" Cooper laughs as he climbs in.

"Uber has a points system-"

"You got a fucking Uber?" Cooper has to bite back a laugh.

"Well... yeah. I don't know how to drive."

"I-" Cooper shakes his heads, "I guess that's fair."

Travis climbs into the car, next to Cooper. He grabs Travis's hand and his heard explodes when Travis's face lights up.

"So what've you been up to, cutie?" Cooper isn't certain to what degree he needs to treat this like he would treat work. But Travis is the cutest guy he's ever seen and just so fucking attractive in his suit.

Travis squeezes Cooper's hand a little bit, "Uh not a lot. Mostly just work I guess. Today was actually my first day off in about a week."

"Jesus." Cooper shakes his head and squeezes Travis's hand back. "Well, at least you're with me now."

Travis laughs, "Yeah! I wasn't sure how you'd feel about like an actual date."

Cooper laughs and even though they're far enough in the back the driver can't hear, he lowers his voice a little anyway. "Well it's just escorting, which isn't much different from what I usually do."

Travis laughs. "Yeah, I guess."

The car rolls to a stop and Travis holds the door for Cooper.

The building is giant, glass windows, everyone dressed up, fancy interior. Cooper has never felt more out of place in a slightly-too-big suit before. Travis grips his hand, instantly all of his nerves rushing out, they step into the building.