Rush

(Ruby's POV)

The morning light blinded me when I woke up. I'd nearly forgotten where the hell I was as my blurry vision came to reveal me waking up in Amethysts bed hugging my sweet Ames from the front while Em was holding her asleep behind her. I rubbed my eyes and Em stretched out with a yawn as she woke up. I got up from the bed carefully and stretched my arms up over my head.

"Mornin'" Em said with a groggy voice.

"G'morning." I replied softly as to not wake Ames. Mrs. Hadley came into the room a second later with breakfast for Ames as well as the first aid kid so she could change her bandages.

"Good morning girls." She said as her hair swayed in a long ponytail behind her. I kind of envied the womans long ass hair but at the same time I thought of the upkeep she probably has to do and well, that shit ain't for me. "Oh, Lee is downstairs, he's calling for all his girls to come down to the parlor and join him for a talk." Ava Hadley said to us. Em got up and nodded.

"Alright." She replied.

"Make sure you girls eat something, alright?" Ava added as I led the way out of the room before Ava woke up Amethyst.

Emerald and I headed down the hall and headed for the main staircase around the corner. At the bottom of the stairs was Citrine. She looked annoyed and was still in her pink silky pajamas, her hair was up in a loose messy bun with two curlers on either side of her head. I tried so damn hard not to laugh at her... but well, I'm me.

"Holy shit, did you get possessed? You growing horns now too?" I asked with very reserve on my laughter. She turned and glared at me as Em and I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh real funny. Ha-ha." She responded as she rolled her eyes. I laughed a little harder and walked passed her. I stopped when I noticed she wasn't following.

"Are you just going to stand there in hopes of scaring away all the clients today? Or... what?" I asked and she huffed a bit.

"No.. it's just. Well look at me- I'm not dressed yet and hot guy is in the parlor with Lee so I'm waiting to see if one of Hadley's girls can help me... specifically Jade. She's got some nice outfits, I like her style. Also she can help me with my hair." Citrine was clearly taking things far too seriously.

"Right... anyway. Em and I will be heading in now." I replied. Em smiled at Citrine and hooked her arm over Citrine's shoulder.

"You're coming with us anyway." She told Citrine with a grin as she pulled the blonde with her.

"Em, no... I can't let anyone see me like this!" Citrine tried to plead. I knew it was no use, Em was going to get her way.

"Yes, you think Ruby and I look better? Pfft. I'm pretty sure Ames drooled on my arm and Ruby might have been kicked in the knee.. Anyway, no one is going to care, it's a meeting I guess so I doubt anyone would care." Em said as she continued to drag Citrine along with us. I kept chuckling as I heard the two bickering behind me.

Once we passed the threshold into the parlor I knew this was going to be the worst meeting ever in the fucking history of meetings. I knew this because Lee was standing there pacing back and forth while his blue haired wonder dragon sat in a chair with a slightly nervous look on his face. He stood once I led the girls into the room.

"Ah, sorry it's so early in the morning." Lee stated as we walked in, Em still dragging Citrine. I didn't give a single fuck as I sat on the sofa and sighed.

"It's alright Lee." Em replied with a smile and she gave a wave to blue haired boy who smiled that boxy smile of his. I hated that smile.... Okay that's a lie. I like it which is why I hate it, it makes sense really it does.