This Is Home

(Jimin's POV)

I paced back and forth in front of the doors to my chambers, chewing on my bottom lip. I couldn't think, couldn't focus.

We need to stay calm...

Being calm isn't an option right now.

Don't be hasty, everything will be fine.

You don't know that, screw your intuition about it too. No one knows what's going to happen.

"You're still out here little brother?" Jin's voice pulled me from the growing argument with my Dragon.

"Yeah, the healers and Mother are in there looking after Tourmaline. You... brought her more soup?" I asked him, looking down at the wooden tray he held in his arms. He nodded.

"Yes. It will hopefully ease the pain and help her. It helped Sapphire, she's feeling much more herself." He replied. Just then the doors opened and Mother stepped out with the three healers with her. She thanked them and they bid us farewell as they continued on their day. I turned quickly to mother, Jin nodded to her and entered the room to deliver the soup to my girl, my mate.

"Is she... okay?" I asked, that overwhelming feeling of nervousness and anxiety was crawling through me again.

"She's..." My mother paused and placed her hand on my shoulder. "The healers believe this has something to do with the Unity ceremony." She said, her eyes conveying a soft sadness behind them.

"But we haven't- Oh.." We hadn't had our Unity ceremony, I wanted to wait for my best friend. "It's because we haven't... finalized it?" I asked, even though I knew the answer already.

"That's what the healers believe. It's not usual, but she's not usual. Like Pearl and Sapphire there's something unique about her. In her case- She's changing into a Dragon faster than most, but she can't finish that transformation because you're not united with her. It's the Dragon's blood that completes the process. The exchange of bodily fluids ignites it but does nothing but just that. It's the blood, the marking you'll give her- that's what completes it. But with no Unity ceremony she's-"

"In pain... a lot of pain because of me and my desire to wait for my brother." I replied. I was responsible for this.

"Jimin, dear. She doesn't blame you, she wanted to wait as well. Don't hold this against yourself, it's her choice too you know." Mother tried to make me feel better. I wanted nothing more than to make Tourmaline feel better. I had tried the potions and elixirs I'd made but none stopped the pain that coursed through her body.

"I know.. I just wish I hadn't even had the thought." I was slipping again and I knew mother was only trying to pull me out of it.

"I'm sure Taehyung will be back soon, Tourmaline is strong. She's doing well and not in any real danger yet." Mother responded, her words didn't make me feel better though. It was the yet I was afraid of, if Tae didn't hurry back soon then-

"Majesties." The gruff voice of one of my guards caught our attention and pulled me from my thoughts.

"We received word from the guards at the bunker that his Majesty arrived safely along with Master Lee and the young women. We were also informed that his Majesty left with one of the women some time ago. They should be here soon as they took one of the Steeds." The man said. It was good news, very good news. As long as we could start the ceremony as soon as they came back. My sweet girl wouldn't have to be in pain anymore.

"That's excellent news. Thank you." I replied to him with a nod. He bowed to me then to mother, who was smiling. She turned to me again and wrapped her arms around me, taking me into her warm embrace.