Welcome Home

Part 1

(Ruby's POV)

I was being carried when I finally got out of whatever kind of dream state I was in. In my dream I was walking through a snow covered valley with Taehyung. We walked over this wooden bridge hand in hand and then he spun me and I was in a pale blue snowflake decorated gown. He pulled me close and we did some sort of foxtrot thing around this snowy field.

Now here I was with my vision clearing, being carried by Taehyung up to two men with very shiny metal armor on. The door of the small hut behind them swung open and out came Lee with Citrine right after him.

"Ruby!" She yelled as she ran to me. I couldn't move, noticing I was holding onto blue boy. He looked at me and smiled.

"Awake so soon beautiful?" He said and I was caught off guard by his words.

"She's awake?" I heard Lee and turned my head to look at him. Citrine was smiling beside him.

"I.. uh, where are we?" I managed to get out as blue boy set me down.

"We're in Song- more specifically we're in the mountains. At the hidden bunker." Blue boy informed.

"I can't believe you're awake already." Lee seemed to be hooked on this whole awake thing. I was confused by everything but he seemed to be focused on the one thing.

"She's a tough one right? The gods really do choose the best mates for us huh." Taehyung chuckled as he poked at Lee who kept giving me a confused look.

"What? Do I have something on my face? Did I drool or something?" I asked him. He shook his head and sighed.

"I guess we should get them inside. We weren't followed but I made landed with the girls at one of the outposts south of here just in case." Lee explained. Taehyung nodded and set me down, it took me a moment but I managed to regain my sense of balance and my ability to use my legs. Citrine came to my side and walked me inside behind Lee and Taehyung.

The little hut belonged to an older couple, apparently friends of these Dragon kings. They couple pointed the way to a small trapdoor which we climbed down into one by one. Times like these I was lucky I was short. Lee and Taehyung were bent over quite a bit, Citrine and Em were hunched a little and Ames was seated in a wagon that was used to transport goods from the surface to this bunker.

The bunker was completely different on the inside. As soon as Lee pulled up on the latch on the big, wide circular door at the end of the hall a bunch of dust fluttered and slowly settled.

We went inside and everyone was able to stand fully again.

"It's... quaint..." Citrine said as she looked around.

"It's been kept up, but might need some new things. Um, I'll have the guards get some fresh linens and things for you. I don't know how long you'll have to be here but you should think of it as home for now." Taehyung replied as he took a look around.

"Thank you." Ames said as Lee lifted her out of the wagon. Taehyung gave her that damn adorable boxy smile of his. I hated that it made me.... Feel.

"It's not a problem at all. So, if there's nothing else then Ruby and I should be heading to the palace." He added. I turned and looked at him curiously.

"We're going to the palace?" I asked, I forgot the part where he mentioned that before and I don't know why.

"Yeah, I'm sure Pearl and the others are waiting excitedly for us to return." Blue boy said happily with a smile.