The Matchmakers Secrets Pt. 2

"We, and by we I mean the Kings loyal soldiers had managed to sneak across to the Palace of the North. He had a woman held captive, that woman had no name but one- Priestess. She was connected to the Dragon gods, they gave her visions... not like mine but of the future, of certain events. Not only that but her cell was filled with parchment that had scribbles all over them. They didn't know what they were but thought them important. The woman didn't speak any known language to them- mostly she grunted and pointed. She was taken to the elders, I was the one to escort her. Her language was a lost one according to the elders, luckily Elder Tacitus knew of the language and was able to understand her.

She spoke of the fall of Song, the uprising, and the true mates, the true Kings and the Hearth. Now, to most this seemed jumbled and like the ramblings of a mad woman. Some of the elders thought just that, but after examination she was deemed a Priestess of the gods. They spoke to her tried to get out of her whatever she knew." He leaned forward, twiddling his thumbs as he spoke. "She told the King who held her captive that seven Kings would fall and Seven Kings would grant a new world to the people. That these seven Kings would have seven very special Queens unlike the world has ever known, seven Queens blessed by gods who will grant power to the people, to the Kings, and to the future." He looked at each of us, Saph turned to look at me and I pointed between us for a moment. Lee chuckled a bit.

"Us?" I asked out loud and felt stupid for asking it. Lee chuckled again and shrugged.

"It was just the ramblings of a mad woman. That's what the elders decided to tell everyone, it went through a vote and it passed. I was the only one sworn in to keep the secret, and to make an oath to carry out my duties as the Royal matchmaker. They made me promise to find the young women of the future. So stayed still, I listened to what my visions were telling me but they were muffled.... And soon it was the cries of people burning alive. Dragons dying before they could shift and protect their wives and children, the cries of many who shouldn't have lost their lives. But this prophecy sparked the Northern King to attack, he used the excuse that we had been plotting against him for decades. None of it true but you can't tell a mad man he's wrong. You could, but it won't work in anyone's favor." He continued. "So you see, after I lost all that was dear to me- I kept a promise to the Kings as well as the Elders. To continue on, I had nothing here and Kirsa knew what I was doing. She gave me these books to hold onto, she prayed for me to stay safe. Even with the damage I'd caused to her, she forgave me- But I didn't go unpunished. And when I finally made it to Earth the visions came on so damn strong. I was in the heart of where you all were, or were going to be. And one by one I found you- In no real order. I brought you into a new realm, showed you the secrets of those who walk with you in plain sight but are far from human." He took another drink from his cup. "And I led you on with the idea that we were family and nothing more. All along I'd known what was going to happen... being here in Song now, this was the last stop, but not the final goal. They want to kill you because they found out the secret, I don't know how- I can only assume the very dead King of the northern land had an heir, or a trustworthy partner, or an admirer of his who thinks it's his job to uphold what his King wanted. Who knows, maybe it's his wife." Lee chuckled again before chugging down the last bit of water in his cup.

"So... you knew all this and didn't tell us. You told us we were special and in a sense you were not lying but... you danced on a very thin line of lies and truth." Sapphire spoke. "How could you? And how could you not warn us that the moment we decided we'd be in danger?" She asked.

"If I told you that a Dragon King was coming to claim you as his Queen and that you would indeed agree and go with him only to be possibly murdered... would you have stayed and waited for that day to come?" He asked us. I thought about it... even though I knew I didn't need to.