1 - They Told Me I'm Lost

It was as if fire buzzed under my skin, the familiar thrill I got every time my feet rushed over the rain soaked streets, my lungs burning up due to the lack of oxygen and my limbs hurting because I couldn't run anymore.

'no entry for creepy bitches'

I couldn't decide wether I wanted to cry or to laugh - not that I had the time for either.

This thing was still behind me - way too close behind me - and all my mushed up brain could think about was the ecstasy resting heavy in the pocket of my cheap jacket.

I rushed past oblivious passerby, fighting the urge to just throw myself onto them and beg them to help. I learned my lesson a long time ago; they can't help you if they can't see it.

'It' was in this case nothing more than just a shadow, hovering over the streets like heavy fog, seeping into every alley I turned.

close

sososo close

Only one turn and I'd be in front of his house.

I jumped up the stairs to his rich-people-house - palace would be a more fitting word - banging on the entrance door with my fists furiously.

"Jesus Christ." Taemin groaned when he opened up, "No need to destroy my door, stud."

He obviously ignored my drained state and I glanced over my shoulder, seeing the shadows retreating slowly. They won't enter the house.

"You've got my stuff?" He snarled and I nodded panting, pulling out the plastic package that consisted the drug I've been delivering especially for this dude for a while now.

He snatched it roughly, stuffing money into my hands in exchange and smashing the door shut right after.

Not that I was mad at him for doing this. I wouldn't treat myself nicely either.

I looked back, exhaling shakily while checking if this thing - whatever it was - was still around, but the shadows were nowhere to be seen. Only luxurious houses, clean streets and rich people who were ogling me shamelessly.

I stuck out my tongue at a woman, who was standing a few feet away with her poodle, fully knowing that I was only making a fool out of myself.

I stood there for a moment, trying to regain my composure, before I eventually made my way to the nearest subway station.

I don't take the subway that often, because it seems like these things I see - I refuse to call them ghosts or monsters - are mostly in the underground, bu today I didn't have the power to walk and the next bus station was too far away. Let's just pray nothing will happen.

When inside the train, I slumped down onto one of the seats, pulling up the hood of my jacket to cover my face and protect my eyes from the piercing artificial lights. Ugh. Headache.

These things seemed to happen more and more often - me being hunted by some ugly ass monstrosity that is. It hadn't always been like this. At least I think so. I can't remember the first time I saw these things.

I never told anyone about it. I never stayed with any of my foster families long enough to build up a relationship and didn't have friends I could actually talk to about any personal things.

I mean, who else was I supposed to tell about this crap... Yoongi?!

The mechanical voice announced that the train arrived at my station and I got off, holding my head down while maneuvering through the crowd.