20- Summer To My Winter Heart

They say it's the darkest before dawn, but tonight it didn't feel quite as dark when having a person as bright as Hoseok sitting next to me.

He didn't say anything, didn't move or showed any expression, just sat on my bed with crossed legs and stared outside my small window, yet he radiated this warmth that I came to appreciated lately.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked, sliding a bid forward, so that I sat right besides him, "You've been up the whole night."

A small smile tugged on his lips, "So did you."

I nudged him lightly, "You didn't answer my question."

He snickered and leaned back on his hands, a small sigh leaving his lips as his hair fell out of his face, dark eyes glancing at me now, "I'm not really tired. I should be, maybe. But I don't feel tired, no."

I nodded understandingly, "Me neither." Which was weird, because I had felt so drained when I came home today - or more like yesterday.

"You should really rest, Flower." Hoseok glanced at the digital clock on my wall, "You've been up for almost 24 hours now."

I smiled at him, "I don't know if I'll be able to sleep though."

He shrugged, getting up from his seat on my bed, "You'll have to. You went through a lot today, tone it down a bit, okay?"

I looked up at him wordlessly at first, feeling stubborn for some reason, "Where's the point when I won't be able to rest anyways?"

Hoseok grunted,"Well, you won't know if you don't try, will you?"

I just stared up at him motionless.

The older sighed and grabbed his phone from my night stand, "Do you not want me to go? Is that it?"

I bit my tongue frustrated but didn't say a word - I didn't need to though, my answer on this being quite obvious.

He gave me a small smile, "I can't stay here 'cause of your mom, but I'll be around, you'll just have to text me 'kay?"

"She isn't my mom," I mumbled out of habit, feeling how I still wanted to rebel against him leaving, "Will you rest too, at least?"

Hoseok grinned cheekily, suddenly holding his hand with his outstretched pinky in front of my face, "I promise."

I blinked, not understanding what he wanted me to do right away, but then hooked my pinky with his, a small grin tugging on my lips at his childish act.

"Sleep well then." He said, playfully blowing me a kiss.

◆♤❦

When I woke up I needed some time to process what happened.

Besides that I actually slept very well, the memories of the past day came crashing down on me and I sat good 15 minutes on my bed, staring dumbfounded into nothingness.

Jimin, the shadows, my panic attack - and Hoseok.

I cried out frustrated, burying my face in my hands. What the fuck was I thinking? That I just told Hoseok about my crappy past, just like that. I completely broke down in front of him and didn't even fucking think about it twice.

Great Y/N, really fucking amazing. Why don't you just run around and tell every person you meet that you're a fucking psycho.

But I frowned when I recalled the last minutes before Hoseok left and I finally went to sleep. he didn't seem even fazed by what I said, no, actually he seemed more relaxed than before. As if he finally understood that one math equation he had stared at for hours.