9 - Soul On Soul

I was scared..

Scared to fall asleep and to be surrounded by lilacs when I open my eyes again.

Or to wake up in a blood bath, like I always do in my dreams.

I'd rather be an insomniac than to go through my nightmares again.

I had my knees dragged up to my chest, hugging them with my frail arms that looked paper white in the pale moonlight which was falling through my wide opened window.

I was sick and I knew it, but I didn't know what I could do against it, knowing that I'd never be able to rest, even if it would mean the death of me.

A harsh gust of wind let my window rattle against the wall, causing me to jump up startled, hurriedly wanting to close it, when a faint noise caught my attention.

Was it... music?

I leaned forward, out of the window to maybe spot where it was coming from.

Holy shit

It was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard, quiet and far away, but most definitely there and more luring than anything I've ever heard.

"Flower?!"

I choked when my eyes, that had been lifted in search of the melody's source, finally dropped down onto the street in front of me, where - guess what - Hoseok was standing, looking up at me in utter surprise.

"What the fuck, Hoseok." I hissed out, not happy that this sword carrying idiot was standing right in front of my house.

He smiled at me apologetic, "How was I supposed to know you live here? I was just about to go to the dance."

"The dance?" I echoed dumbly, still not believing that this guy, my guts were of course seeing as a threat, now actually knew where I lived.

"You don't know what I'm talking about?" Hoseok looked at me in what seemed to be pity when I shook my head. Then his face lightened up.

"Then I'll show you!" He grinned up at me, reaching his hand out towards me with a confident expression.

There was no fucking way that I'd climb down there now.

"No." I answered without hesitation, tugging at my way too large shirt, which was the only thing covering me from the cold.

The boy had the audacity to roll his eyes, now also lifting his other arm, "C'mon Flower, you can't miss out on the dance. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about."

I hated my dumb ass for this but my curiosity spiked up at his words, causing me to lean further out of the window, "We're not having this kind of relationship where you can just come over at fucking 3am to take me out to some mysterious dance."

Hoseok chuckled, "Forget your damn trust issues for once and just come with me - it's actually just around the corner. We won't be doing anything dangerous."

He still had his arms outstretched towards me, seeming confident that I'd eventually give in.

And honestly? Normally, I wouldn't have. Not with a stranger as shady as him. But the mere fact that it was him changed so much.

Was he a stranger? Definitely. But he also was the first person to not only know how I felt, but to be able to actually help me. Never did I meet a person who did either of it.

Hoseok was different that anyone other.

That's why I gave in.

I swung my legs over the windowsill, feet dangling in the air for a moment, hesitant, before an encouraging smile of Hoseok made me push off the furnace and fall - literally - into his arms.