15- Oh Happy Day, Why Are You So Mean?

I had been so deep in thoughts that I didn't realize that Chungha had entered the house and was now standing behind me, as I was sitting next to the kitchen counter.

This was a bit unusual, considering that I subconsciously was always on alert, which was also why I was so shocked when I heard her clearing her throat, jumping around startled.

"Fucking hell, what are you? A Ninja?"

Chungha just cocked a brow while staring me down, "You're here."

"Obviously."

"It's noon."

"That is correct."

"And you're here."

"Why are you so slow today?" I huffed out.

"I'm sorry but I usually don't see you around that early." She justified her utter shock, "What happened?"

I had a quick flashback of shadows haunting me through a cinema screen and a nice meal at a fast food restaurant after wards and shrugged nonchalantly, "The usual."

"And that would be....?"

"Being haunted by ghosts, almost dying... you know what I mean."

Chungha gave me the very motherly 'try to be serious for once' look, before walking around the kitchen counter with an exasperated sigh and started to put away the groceries.

"Oh, and I went on a date."

She dropped her celery at that.

"You did WHAT again?"

I cackled at her reaction, relishing in the way she seemed so very scandalized at my words.

But apparently the poor blonde didn't see through my usual antics, actually believing every of my words, "Who was it? Was it a boy? A girl? It HAS to be a girl I just know it."

"I-" I scowled, "Why's everyone thinking I'm a lesbian?"

"It's the way you carry yourself." Chungha answered very helpfully, earning a glare from my side.

"That was a rhetorical question, idiot." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, "Needless to say that we didn't actually go on a date." I noticed my fault too late-

"We?" Why was she getting so worked up over this? This was really getting embarrassing,"Who is this other person you're talking about?"

I looked at her for a long moment and acted as if I was actually considering to answer her question, "Well, their name is... Kim It's-None-Of-Your-Business, happy now?"

Chungha made a face while crouching down to finally pick up her celery, "I'm being serious honey, gaining a few social contacts wouldn't hurt you."

"You're saying this because you know so much about my social life." I snapped back, getting genuinely irritated over her words.

"Y/N," She stopped with her current actions to look me in the eyes deeply, "When I look at you I see a girl that's been alone for the majority of her life. Not a social butterfly."

ouch

that hurt

 I sighed when I got up from my seat near the counter, "There's a reason for why you never see me before afternoon."

"Aww did I hit a nerve? I'm sorry."

She didn't sound sorry at all.

I turned around, walking in the direction of the door, "You wouldn't talk about it like that if you were the one being passed on from person to person like a fucking package your whole life." I said without looking over my shoulder.