17- Soothing, Like The Bright Shining Moon

"Hey, don't you want to drink something?" The woman asked kindly.

The girl didn't answer.

"Hey, look at me," The nurse kneeled down in front of the petite child, a warm smile on her lips, "I know that a lot is happening lately but you need to drink."

The six year-old remained quiet, didn't meet the other's gaze and just stared at the wall in front of her bed.

"Okay, I get it, you don't want to take water from a stranger." The friendly nurse nodded, "But there's no one else left for you to give you something to drink, sweetie."  Which were probably not the ideal words to tell someone who just lost their entire family.

She was met with silence. The loud kind of silence, that reeked importance in its own kind of way and was suffocating the one trying to listen.

The woman stood back up with a sigh and placed the glass she had been holding on the nightstand near the bed, "Alright, I'll just-"

"You're wrong," The girl chimed up, "Mr. Ghost is still here with me."

◆♤❦

There was blood dripping down the side of his mouth, as Hoseok walked towards me to hoist me up with one arm.

I hadn't noticed how cold it had been down there on the floor until I finally stood back again, although my knees buckled immediately, threatening to give up already.

A pair of strong, warm arms wrapped around my body, securing me on my spot and a wonderful warmth started to spread over my body.

Hoseok's arms were so warm, compared to Jimin's ice-cold hand. So warm and real and alive.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here."

And fuck me if this didn't make me cry.

Because, yes, he was there. He was there every fucking time I needed him and I asked myself why the fuck we hadn't met earlier.

Through out the past weeks I had cried more than I allowed myself to for the past years, and maybe the blame for this was on Hoseok's hand gently rubbing my back, while the other held me upright, preventing me from falling back down while I was ugly crying, because that blue haired bastard Jimin had scared me more than any shadow, any ghost ever did.

"You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now, " Hoseok mumbled, hoping to calm me down with his words, "Just breathe."

I tried my best to follow his request, inhaling sharply, shaking all over and feeling pathetic as fuck during all of it.

"Hmm" He looked down at me with a small smile, "Do you need, like, a hug?"

I shook my head, feeling like I'd never calm down at this point, but wrapped my arms around him anyways, earning an understanding chuckle from the older.

He was so warm, so different to the cold that had surrounded me mere minutes ago and I felt how my body slowly stopped shaking violently.

"Let's get away from here, should we Flower?" The dark haired mumbled into my hair, and all I could do was nod.

I felt unusually small, embarrassed from my violent outbreak from earlier, but Hoseok didn't really seem to care as he was sitting next to me on a park bench, knees dragged up against his chest while we watched the cars passing by in the darkness.