8- The Road We Walk On Is An Unknown One

"Dude, you look lost." Had been the first words I ever heard Yoongi saying.

I had been searching for a job, back then when I stayed with a family that completely refused to provide money or food for me, and had  eventually stumbled into the shadier parts of Seoul.

There Yoongi had found me, only addressing me because he mistook me for a guy and quickly catching up on why I was there, proposing me a quite easy (but not so legal) job soon after.

You could say I was lucky to meet Yoongi, thinking of all the other bastards I got to know later on, who wouldn't've been as reliable or nice as him. Who knows where I would've ended up if it wasn't for the raven hair?

I've known him for about two years now, being only sixteen when I started delivering drugs to gain some money, and it's safe to say that Yoongi is the only person that had managed to stay in my life that long.

The reason for this, I believe, is how un personal and wary we treat each other, both having experienced what it meant to get too attached to another person - at least I think so, I don't really know anything about him.

We never really got to know each other in these two years of spending most time around the other, so, of course I was more than just a bit confused when Yoongi dragged me aside, dead serious expression on his lean face, mixed what I could only name as worried.

"Y/N." Woah there, he never really called me by my name, "Who is this guy from earlier?"

If Yoongi and I would be friends, it would be completely understandable that he's wondering why I walked around the park half naked, with a guy he didn't know, but we weren't exactly what you'd call 'friends'.

"Why're you asking?" I mouthed my confusion bluntly.

"Cause I wanna know." Yoongi answered my stern gaze with an equal one. This was about to become a fight between the most stubborn people of the universe.

"God dammit." He groaned when I refused to answer, "I don't wanna know much, just tell me who he is."

"He-" I needed to get out of this situation, so I lied: "...My friend."

Apparently, Yoongi knew me better than I expected, because he laughed bitterly, "No, no he's not. You don't have friends."

welp

I stayed silent, trying not to cover under the glare of older's boring, dark eyes.

"Fuck your stubborn ass." Yoongi seemed severely frustrated, "Whatever you're doing with him, please be careful. This guy is no good, in fact I think he's pure evil - and that's coming from me, so you know I'm not joking."

"Are you worried about me?" I asked blatantly, wanting to catch him off guard and maybe distract from myself.

It didn't work.

"Yes." The raven haired answered, looking nothing but serious, "I've never met anyone like him. Be careful, please."

Please

How strange it felt, hearing this word coming from Min Yoongi's lips. I nodded, understanding how earnest the older was with this.

Yoongi finally averted his gaze from me, slipping one of the familia plastic bags inside the pocket of the hoodie he'd lended me, "You know what to do."

We both knew how ironic it was that he just warned me about another guy and was now handing me drugs, but I let my hands slip inside my pockets to secure the package habitually, giving the other a short nod before walking away.

I knew why Yoongi thought Hoseok to be 'dangerous' - or I at least had a theory why. The way Hoseok carried himself, actually his entire being seemed so dark, even I had problems reading the older, who seemed like a big secret for me and same went for Yoongi I believed. 

I was so used to being able to read people like an open book, resulting in Hoseok doing nothing but confuse me. And Yoongi proved to be like me many times, so same went fo him.

But still, he was right. I was too comfortable with a man whom I knew nothing about - what he did for a living, where he came from, damn I didn't even know his age.

And on top of all that, there was this one thing I had started questioning already the second time we met; How the fuck did he always find me in exactly the right moments, shortly before something crucial was about to happen to me?

How was he always there when I needed him the most?

It didn't make sense to me, of course it didn't. 

I massaged my temples, adjusting the mask that covered half of my face, before knocking on Taemin's door, his familiar  'was about time, stud' greeting me heart-warming.

"Thanks for this and uhm- also for saving me... again."

 "That's what I'm there for."

I scoffed to myself.

Is he?

"Have a good day Flower!"

I wrapped my arms tightly around my body.

Who are you Hoseok?

◆♤❦

very short update to make up for the last, long one xD

xx