2 - I Fear No Evil, The Shadow Is Mine And So Is The Valley

When I woke up I was panting, bathed in cold sweat and shaking all over.

I yet had another dream of my own death.

There was just one thing different to my prior dreams; There had never been a human in it, which quite frankly scared me more than anything.

My skin was prickling as if thousands of ants were crawling underneath and I felt disgusting, the sudden urge of taking a shower over coming me.

My eyes fell onto the old digital clock on my wall, the bright neon numbers 4:34 telling me that Chungha wasn't awake yet and I knew for a fact that nothing was about to wake her within the next three hours.

I was quiet anyways when I sneaked into the bathroom, taking a quick shower before leaving the house in a hurry.

My way to the park lead me past my school, which I hadn't went to in how long now...? Two months? I highly doubt that my teachers remember my face at all. When you change your home as often as I do, things like going to school seem worthless anyways.

The proverbial ants under my skin hadn't disappeared and my head was still spinning, the closer I came to the park I hoped to meet Yoongi and maybe got to deliver for some more money.

I knew this feeling, I knew this feeling very well, though it hadn't ever been this intense that at some point I stumbled and fell onto the streets with a shriek.

I heard a high voice snickering in my head and I knew something was there, and it wasn't very nice.

As a kid I called them ghosts or monsters. But whenever I did so I ended up in front of a therapist, with a package of pills in my small hands. People were giving me worried looks, I was the weird kid with hallucinations or maybe even just a way too vivid fantasy.

But I highly doubt that something that's able to strangle you is just a fantasy. So I gave up searching for help at a really young age and here I am, a 17 year old girl with no future or friends to turn to. Helpless and small and weak.

I managed to heave myself up, yet another snide laughter chiming up in my head. I turned around hectically, searching for the source of the laughter but didn't see anyone, unsurprisingly.

C'mere sweetie, sweetie

The voice lured and I was about to ask where I was supposed to go, when I realized that you shouldn't talk with the voices in your head.

The streets were ghostly empty and the sun had yet to rise, prompting a creepy scenery I didn't want to stay in any longer.

Another snide chuckle in my head gave me the rest and I ran, ran blindsided to where I thought the park must be, felt the voice calling for me, following me.

My feet hurt and my body felt at it's limit. I hadn't had proper sleep in weeks, mind being constantly terrorized by nightmares. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Dark dots appeared in front of my eyes and I again fell.

◆♤❦