The Wish

——————-y/n's POV—————-

"Where the heck are we?" Lloyd asks after we go through the portal.

"Don't look at me!" I reply. "I have no idea how travellers tea works!"

We cautiously glance around, trying to figure out our surroundings. Nothing about them is recognizable.

"I don't think we're on earth," I conclude. "If we are, then we aren't in the right place. There's no swamp near my old house!"

Suddenly there's a rustle in the bushes beside us, and Lloyd lets go of my hand to go check out what's between the leaves.

"Clouse?!" He exclaims once he pulls back the branches of the bush. "But... how are you here?"

"I'm a master of dark magic," our old enemy says as he stands up. "You can't keep me trapped in the dinosaur ages forever."

"What about Aspheera? And Harumi? Are they still stuck in the past? Or did you release them too?" Lloyd asks.

Clouse scoffs. "There's no way I would have brought those two b*tches with me. I left them to a carnivore the first chance I got. Then, using a summoning spell, I managed to find a way back to the present."

"Summoning spell?" I repeat. "What did you summon?"

Clouse immediately puts his hand behind his back, which is holding some kind of object. It's obvious he doesn't want us to know what it is, so Lloyd pushes him to the ground and takes the thing he was hiding.

"It's some kind of oil lamp," Lloyd says as he shows me the artifact.

I gasp and take a step back. I turn to Clouse, who looks like he's about to pounce on Lloyd. "You used this thing?"

"Obviously. How else would I be able to escape your prison?" He says, and snatches the lamp back. He rubs it, and a genie flies out

"Nadakhan?" I ask as soon as I can see the djinn's face.

"You know him?" Lloyd asks.

"No... wait... I thought..." I stutter, thinking about when I released a djinn back at the tournament of elements. "Ohhhhhhhh no..."

"Y/n?" Lloyd questions, instinctively coming to my side to make sure I don't have a panic attack.

"That other guy wasn't Nadakhan," I say, as realization washes over me. "It was just some random djinn! Oh, for the love of the first Spinjitzu master, why couldn't things be done the easy way for once!"

"Quit your irrelevant blubbering, y/n!" Clouse orders in the Snape-like voice of his. "I wish I didn't run into you two."

"Your wish is yours to keep," Nadakhan says.

"What? No, wait! I didn't mean—"

Clouse is cut off as Nadakhan snaps his fingers, and makes him disappear.

"Where did he go?" I demand.

Nadakhan shrugs. "Back where I found him. I hated that guy; I'd rather he spend the rest of his life in the dinosaur ages. How did he even get there, anyway?"

Lloyd and I look at each other, wondering what to say.

"Oh my God..." Nadakhan mutters disbelievingly. "A dark magic user was defeated by a couple of kids?"

"Kids?! Hey! We're older than we look!" I protest.

"Actually, y/n, we're technically younger than we look..."

"Not now, Lloyd! Save the calculations for later!"

"One and a half more years and we'll have been born 17 years ago," he mumbles anyway.

I groan and smush my face with my palms. "Argh, now is not the time for a math lesson."

"Pardon my intrusion, but are either of you two interested in making a wish?" Nadakhan interrupts.

"Noooo, God! No, God, please no! No!" I yell at him like a maniac, my fists at my sides.

"Are you sure?" He presses, flying up to my face.

"Yes! Now please, back up! You're invading my personal bubble! And your breath stinks. You should wish yourself up a mint."

"Hey, y/n, maybe he can send us to earth," Lloyd suggests.

"That is a horrible idea," I say. "I'm not sure if you witnessed what he just did to Clouse a few minutes ago, but Nadakhan has a way of twisting other people's words."

"Then we'll just be really careful! Come on, we don't have anything to lose!"

"Lloyd, you know I love you, but sometimes you can say some pretty idiotic things."

Lloyd just stares at me with those beautiful green eyes, silently trying to change my mind.

"Alright, fine," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "But if this goes terribly wrong, I'm blaming it on you."

Lloyd kisses my cheek. "Don't worry; I got this."

"Well, then. Do you have a wish?" Nadakhan asks.

"Yes," Lloyd answers. "I wish for you to bring me, y/n, and yourself to the place on earth we've been before."

"Your wish is yours to keep."

"I'm going to regret this, aren't I?" I mutter as a puff of smoke swirls around us, and magically sends us away. I close my eyes, and when I open them back up again, the three of us are somewhere new.

I look around; this looks nothing like my hometown. I turn my head towards Lloyd beside me, and glare daggers at him.

He grimaces sheepishly without facing me. "You don't have to say it; I already know I screwed up."