Meeting Lloyd on the Bus

Lloyd's POV

"Y/n, wake up," I say, shaking her. We had fallen asleep on a park bench.

"Mm?"

"It's morning."

"Already?"

"Yeah, and we better get out of here; I can see your look-alike across the street."

Y/n jolts up. "Where?!"

"Relax, she hadn't seen us yet."

"Good," She sighs. "Now, let's go spy on her!"

"Uh, why?"

"I want to see what happens!"

<<<<<<<<rewind about 10 minutes<<<<<<

——————???'s POV————

I wake up to the sound of a truck honking its horn loudly.

"Shut up, I'm try to sleep!" I shout, but to no avail. Annoyed, I climb out of my hammock.

I feel bad about running away from the ninjas' base after they kindly offered for me to stay there, but I really didn't feel safe sleeping in a new place. I only followed the boy in green because there was something... familiar about him.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. I must be going crazy; I've never seen that boy before in my life.

Or have I?

"No, I haven't," I tell my inner voices. "You're being ridiculous."

You don't remember anything about your past. Maybe you've met before.

I push the thought away. I need to focus on finding breakfast.

"Wait a minute," I say excitedly, then open my backpack. I pull out the leftovers I stole from the ninjas' fridge, and open the lid.

I don't eat all of it, even though I'm still hungry, because I want to make it last through the day. It's not everyday I get a meal that's even remotely close to fresh.

I grab my backpack and swing it over one shoulder, and grimace when I hear a cracking sound. I check to see what caused it, and frown when I realize the sound came from my most prized possession. I take it out and look it over, assessing the damage.

I have no memories attached to the small black object, but it's the only thing linked to my past. I may not remember where it came from, but it's the only thing I know belonged to me before I lost my memories of the past. I don't know how I know this, but I do.

I head down the street to the library so I can return my book. On the way there, I see the school bus pulling up to the stop. I suddenly remember that old man, the ninjas' Sensei, wanted me to go to school. He told me to get on the bus and go to Ninjago High, where he'd arrange a spot in the school for me.

"Well, it's not like I have anything better to do," I mutter, and start running to the bus stop. I'm the last one to get on the bus, but there's still a few empty seats left. I decide to sit right in the middle of the vehicle, on the right side.

We make a few stops, but on the fourth or fifth one, something odd happens. A boy in a green hoodie gets on the bus with his head down, then nervously finds a seat. He sits right in front of me, beside no one else. I sorta feel bad for him.

A few seconds later, I suddenly feel the bus lean to the left.

"What the hell?" I shriek as the sudden weight shift has me tumbling over. I prop myself up, glance to the side, and notice everyone sitting on the right side has moved to the left.