The Ice Emperor

A/N

Why is it snowing outside?!?! It's supposed to be spring! Curse you, gods of weather. I want my sunshine back.

———————

Series y/n's POV

"Argh! I don't wanna walk anymore," Lloyd whines. "We've been trying to reach the castle for hours."

"We're almost there, I promise," I say. "Look! It's only about one more kilometre!"

Lloyd groans. "That's longer than a mile."

"A kilometre is less than a mile, idiot," Akita says.

"Math must be my kryptonite."

"That's not math, it's just logic," I mutter. "But then again, when have I ever known any version of Ninjago to make sense?"

I push a branch out of the way, but when I let go of it, I hit Lloyd in the face.

"Ow!"

"Oops, sorry."

—————Akita's POV———-

We trudge through the frozen forest until we reach the steps to the palace.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Lloyd asks.

"Um..." y/n starts. "Well, for some reason there aren't any guards, so let's just barge in and hope for the best."

"Well, it's a better plan than I could come up with," Lloyd replies, and summons a sphere of green energy with each hand.

"Good idea," y/n says, and summons spheres of y/e. "Be on guard for anything. Akita, maybe you should turn into a wolf, so you can run away if things get ugly."

"Hey, I can defend my—wait, how did you know about my power?"

Y/n stares at me, looking like she shouldn't have said what she just said. "It's better if you don't ask questions."

I don't argue, and shape-shift. Then, the three of us head into the frozen castle. There's a hallway to our right, so we dodge into it so the guards around the Ice Emperor's throne don't see us.

"Akita, your brother is in the dungeons," y/n whispers. "Go find him and escape as fast as you can."

I nod, then rush away. I sprint through the freezing cold hallway and down a couple flights of stairs until I reach a corridor with bars across every doorway. I shift back into my human form, and cautiously walk through the hall.

"Kataru?" I call softly. I hear movement to my left.

"Akita? Is that really you?"

"Yes, brother, it's me!" I say, falling to my knees in front of his cell. "We need to get you out of here."

I hear a sound to my right and notice a guard marching through the hall, so I stand up and transform again. I run as fast as I can towards where the soldier is, and pounce on him. I pick up the keys with my mouth and bring them back to Kataru, who unlocks the door.

"Let's go!" He says, and follows me back the way I came.

He transforms into a bear so that he can keep up with me, and soon enough, we reach the front entrance. Just before we make our grand escape, I notice y/n and Lloyd are losing the fight with the Ice Emperor and his guards.

"What is it?" Kataru asks. "Why'd you stop?"

"I can't leave them here," I say. "Without y/n, I never would have rescued you."

Without more of an explanation, I run towards a soldier about to attack y/n from behind. I jump on him with my teeth bared, and rip off his helmet. I growl ferociously to let him know I won't hesitate to bite his head off.

Suddenly, an icy blast shoots towards me, but I move out of the way just in time. Y/n uses her element to stop another blast before it gets to me. I shift back to human form and go back to back with her and Lloyd.

"Here!" she says, handing me a sword that used to belong to a guard.

"I don't know how to use this," I say.

"Time to learn!"

The three of us fight off the soldiers for a while, and eventually Kataru comes and joins us. We manage to fight off all the guards, until the only two opponents remaining are the Ice Emperor and his adviser.

"Now what?" I whisper, but I don't receive an answer.

"Y/n?" Lloyd asks, also wondering what comes next.

"We need to remind him of who he is," she finally says. "Zane's still in there, I know it."

"Do you think this is the Zane from back home or an entirely different version of him?" Lloyd wonders. "I wish I could tell."

Suddenly, the lamp attached to y/n's belt rattles, and the genie flies out in a puff of smoke.

"Don't you dare," she mutters threateningly, but he just smirks at her.

"Your wish is yours to keep."

Nadakhan snaps his fingers, and a ninja with white hair and metal skin appears.

"What... what just happened?" the newcomer asks. "Y/n? Lloyd? Is that you?"

"Oh, great," y/n mumbles. "Now there's three Zanes in this universe."

——————-Movie y/n's POV—————

"Zoology, b*tch!" Fridge cries as he rides in on an elephant, holding the glowing green jewel.

I stare at the giant animal for a few moments, until Lloyd pulls me away before I can get trampled. I shriek as we both fall into the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asks worriedly as he helps me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer quickly, then look over to where our new friends have already started battling the guys on motorbikes.

"How do you drive this thing?!" Fridge yells, as he struggles to stay on top of the elephant. He swerves and falls off the side, sending the jewel flying. Spencer catches it, and all six of us run towards the mountain. We only sprint for a couple minutes before I see Lloyd stop out of the corner of my eye.

"What's wrong?" I ask, also stopping.

"I... I can't feel my hands," he says, turning them over. Alarmingly, they start to disappear.

"Lloyd!" I cry as he completely vanishes. I look down at my own hands, and I see they're fading too. "That can't be good."