Masks

—————y/n's POV (Ninjago City)—————-

I continue running as fast as I can towards Lloyd, determined to get there before Garmadon does. But after seeing how much ground his mech covers with a single step, I quickly realize that I don't have much of a chance.

"Hey, can I borrow this?" I ask a guy who just got out of his car. He runs away screaming, so I take that as a yes.

I slide into the driver's seat and step on the gas pedal. I obviously don't have a lot of experience, but at this point in time, I don't care.

I race to the other side of town, barely staying on the road. I hit a couple of fire hydrants, but I finally reach the building that Lloyd was thrown into. I put the car in park, throw the door open, and run to where Lloyd's laying unconscious.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I order as I try to get him on his feet. There's no way I'll be able to drag him to safety if he's out cold. He still doesn't stir, so I give up trying to move him and drop to his side.

"Please, please wake up," I breathe. No response.

I notice he's bleeding through his mask, so I carefully pull the fabric off his head. There's a large portion of his face that's been bruised, and his left cheek has a deep gash.

I feel tears stinging in my eyes.

Why does the universe make him suffer so much?

I think about all Lloyd has gone through, and it only makes me more upset. He's bullied at school, he has a terrible relationship with his father, and now his friends have left him to fend for himself. He's the most kind-hearted person I know, and yet by the way he's treated, you'd think he's responsible for all the wrong-doing in the world.

"Ah, what's this?" Garmadon wonders. "Is this your girlfriend, Green Ninja?"

"Shut up, you big jerk!" I yell at him, hugging Lloyd close to me. There are a million things I want to say to him, but I'm too choked up with emotion.

"Look, kid," the big bully spits. "I'll give you one chance to get outta here before I blast your boyfriend into oblivion."

My hold on Lloyd tightens.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Garmadon shrugs, then points the arm of his mech towards us. "Eh, your funeral."

The gun built into the mech starts to get fired up. I close my eyes to block out the glow, certain that this is how it's going to end, but then all of a sudden, the heat fades.

I look up at Garmadon, wondering why he didn't shoot. He's got a confused expression written all over him, and he's staring right at Lloyd's mask-free face.

"Son?"

————————-y/n's POV (Paris)———————-

"You see that?" Ladybug says, pointing at the weapon-stick-thingy in Miraculer's hand. "That's where the akuma is. Break it, and I'll take care of the rest."

"Got it," Lloyd says, then looks confused. "What's an akuma, again?"

Ladybug face palms. "It's how Hawkmoth controls his villains. It looks like a butterfly, but it's anything but harmless—it feeds off of Sabrina's negative emotions."

"Wait, okay, so you're telling me that you recognize Sabrina—who barely looks human—but you can't figure out that Chat Noir is Ad—"

Chat Noir clamps a hand over Zane's mouth. "We don't know each other's identities!"

"But how?" Zane presses, throwing Chat's hand away. "Are you really that oblivious?"

I sigh. "Yes. Yes they are."

"Can we please just focus on the plan?" Ladybug hisses.

"Yeah. Sorry," I say, apologizing for the three of us.

"You all remember how to use your powers, right?" Ladybug clarifies.

We all nod in agreement.

"Perfect. Let's go!"

We head up to the balcony where Miraculer is trying to get Chloe on her side. We keep ourselves hidden as the two friends argue, waiting for the right moment to make an appearance. Ladybug motions for Chat to carry out his part of the plan and distract Miraculer, but Zane stops him before he has a chance to stand up.

"You are in no fit state to fight. I'll go instead," he says, then, without checking with the rest of us, hops over the short wall we're hiding behind.

"I'm coming too!" Lloyd says, and follows Zane.

"So much for the plan," I mutter.

"What?! You gave the bee miraculous to him?" Chloe shrieks, likely after seeing Zane. "Ridiculous! Utterly ridicu—"

Her sentence is cut off as Ladybug pulls her behind the wall.

"Ladybug?"

"Shh! Don't blow our cover."

Chloe pretends to zip her lips. "You can count on me!"

Ladybug doesn't bother explaining the plan, she just tells Chloe to be quiet. Then, she looks over to me.

"Mirage," I whisper, using my flute to make Ladybug look like Chloe. She gives me a thumbs up as a thank you, then stands up and walks over to Miraculer.

"Sabrina! I've changed my mind," she says in Chloe's obnoxious tone of voice. "I do want Ladybug's powers."

Chole, Chat and I peer over the side of the wall. Miraculer jumps up and down in delight, then touches Ladybug's chest with her weapon. Right as the stick makes contact, I drop the illusion.

"Thanks, I really needed that back," Ladybug says sassily.

"Excuse me?!" Chloe demands, shoving me and Chat over so she can be in clear view. "You confused me for a pathetic illusion? And you claim to be my best friend!"

—————-a/n—————

I know, I know! These chapters keep getting shorter and shorter. I'm sorry. I'm just lazy. Maybe I could have thought of a better excuse than that, but once again, I'm lazy.

Have a good day/night!

Right Realm, Wrong World (Book 4 of the Enchanted DVD Player tetralogy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें