An Unexpected Return

A/n

Keys:
n/n = nickname
L/n = last name

Shoutout to FrostyBug14 for the great stories! You guys should go read them <3

—————-Movie Lloyd's POV————-

I close my eyes as I watch myself disappear. When I open them up again, I'm in a place I've never seen before. I look around in confusion, and I'm relieved to see y/n appear beside me.

"Seriously Nadakhan?!" A voice suddenly says. I turn around to see a boy yelling at a floating man. "She wished for some backup, so you summoned them?"

"Akita didn't even mean to make that wish!" A girl huffs. "Why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Am I going crazy or do those two people look exactly like us?" Y/n asks me.

"I don't know but I don't like it," I reply.

y/n runs towards the strangers, picks up a sword from a soldier lying on the ground, and presses it to her look-alike's throat. "Who are you and why do you look like me?"

"Funny, I think I said that to myself when I traveled back in time," the other girl said expressionlessly.

y/n pushes the blade closer.

"Okay, calm yourself, other me. You can lower the weapon," the girl says.

"What do you mean by 'other me'?"

The girl sticks her hand out. "My name's y/n, and I'm a different version of you."

"You couldn't have been any more direct with that introduction, could you?" The boy who looks like me remarks sarcastically.

"Does that mean you're a different version of me?" I ask the boy.

"Yup! And I gotta say, I'm jealous that you got to be the Lloyd with better hair."

"What is going on here?" a guy asks. He's standing beside a man with glowing hair.

"Shut up, Minecraft ripoff," the other y/n says, shooting a blast of y/e at him. "Vex is such a stupid name."

"Whoa, you've got powers?" I say. "Does that mean y/n does too?"

"We'll talk about this later!" she says.

"We really need to come up with a naming system for each other," the other Lloyd says, rubbing the sides of his head. "This is getting confusing."

"How about this: I'm l/n, she's n/n," the other y/n says, then turns towards me. "You'll be Luh-Lloyd, and we'll call my Lloyd Montgomery."

Montgomery slaps l/n's arm. "Are you serious? You know I hate that middle name."

"Well, sucks, because we can't call you by your last name," l/n says, rolling her eyes. "Come on! We have bigger problems to deal with!"

It was just then that I noticed one of their companions looked remarkably like Zane, except his skin was made of metal. "There's another version of Zane, too?"

"No, actually there are two other versions of him," Mongomery says before following l/n up to the guy sitting on the throne.

"I'll deal with Vex while you try to snap Zane out of his trance," Montgomery says to l/n.

"Got it," she replies, dodging a blast of ice that the flaming-hair dude shoots at her. "Hey!! Stop it Zane! I'm trying to have a conversation here!"

"This is getting a little too weird for me," n/n says, backing up.

"Yeah," I mutter. "We should get out of here before we get too confused to function."

————-n/n's POV—————

As soon as Lloyd and I end up back in the city, we head back to the school to grab our backpacks from the storage room. We had to sneak in through an open window because the doors were all locked. Once we've got our stuff, we head out from the school.

"Well, goodnight, I guess," Lloyd says with a wave. "I had fun today."

"Yeah, me too," I reply. "I'll see you at school tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately, yes," he laughs.

Once Lloyd leaves, I sneak back into the building; the school will be warmer than my home in the street.

———next day———

"What are you doing in here young lady?" Someone asks, waking me up.

"Oh, um, sorry," I mumble, standing up. "I had detention yesterday, and I guess I fell asleep in here."

I look up, and immediately recognize the guy as the old man I met in the ninja's secret base.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "How did you find me?"

"I'm just making sure you're alright," he says. "After all, I'm the one who got you admitted here."

"Well, thank you," I say. "But you don't need to keep checking on me. I can take care of myself."

"Of course," the man bows. "But I think it's important that you find a more suitable place to live."

"I'm sorry, but I have to go," I say, pushing past him. I don't need his sympathy.

"Why don't you come live at the base?"

"No, I couldn't."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to intrude."

"It wouldn't be an intrusion! If I train you to be a ninja, then you'd be benefiting the city."

"What makes you think I have what it takes to be a ninja?"

"Well, you're hardworking, dedicated, and caring," he starts. "And I heard that you beat up a bully."

"How'd you find out about that?" I wonder. He doesn't know anyone else at this school, does he? Ohhhh, I think. The ninja must go here. But wait, does that mean they saw the fight? Who are they, then?

"Word gets around," he shrugs. "So, what do you say?"

"I'm sorry, but no," I shake my head. "I can't."