Cataclysm

Shoutout to Mangoes_and_Peaches for making me feel loved. The support helped me finish this chapter <3

----------------y/n's POV (Paris)-------------

Lloyd, Zane, and I sit down with our backs against the side of a building. None of us know what to do, so we've decided to just take a few minutes to rest and collect our thoughts.

"Hey! I don't sound like that!" somebody shouts. "Stop mimicking me!"

"Is it just me or did that sound like that Ladybug girl?" Lloyd asks.

Zane peers over the corner of the wall. "Yep, that's her."

I get up and go look. Ladybug and Chat Noir are fighting an akumatized villain in the park. My attention is suddenly drawn away from the villain as Chat Noir gets shot into the fence.

"Yikes, that's gotta hurt," I mutter, then rush over to help him as soon as the villain hops away.

Chat groans as I swing his arm around my shoulders. He clutches at his abdomen, and I can see the pain in his eyes.

"It's okay—you're gonna be okay," I tell him softly as Lloyd takes his other arm. "What even happened?"

"Cataclysm," he grunts through grinding teeth. "Miraculer stole our powers."

Miraculer—so that's the villain's name. I racked my brain; do I remember this episode?

"We need to get him somewhere safe," Lloyd says. "Zane, do you have a first aid kit?"

Chat looks up slightly, confused as Zane opens his arm hatch to reveal a small compartment labeled with a red plus sign. Lloyd and I carry Chat over to a narrow, empty alleyway, then we set him down gently.

"You need to detransform so Zane can tend to your injury," I tell Chat. "Don't worry; we won't look."

——————— y/n's POV (Ninjago City)—————

I wake up to an earthquake. Lloyd, whom I think I must have fallen asleep on, grabs me and pulls me to the ground. He holds me close, as if he's trying to protect me.

Then, all at once, the shaking stops.

"What just happened?" I ask, my voice trembling. I'm still clinging onto Lloyd.

"Not sure," he answers, then helps me up onto my feet. We hold onto each other as we head to the kitchen to look out the window.

"Garmadon," Lloyd mutters hatefully. "Dammit, I've got to go."

"No!" I cry as he starts to walk back to his room to get his gi.

He turns to look at me.

"You can't go! You're still injured," I plead. "I don't want you getting hurt any more."

He comes back to bury me in a hug. "I'll be fine, y/n."

"What if something happens to you?"

"Nothing's going to happen."

"But it could! Promise me you'll come back alive."

"I promise," he says after some hesitation. "I'll see you after the fight."

————————-Lloyd's POV (Paris)—————-

The three of us turn away so Chat Noir can "detransform" or whatever. To be honest, I don't fully understand what's going on. (A/n: that's me 24/7)

Without looking at our new friend's face, Zane starts to treat Chat Noir's injury.

"So that's what it feels like to be cataclysmed," a new voice says. "I'll never call a dinosaur a wuss ever again!"

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Plagg! You were supposed to hide in my pocket!" Chat Noir says.

"What? And miss a chance to meet new people?"

"You're not supposed to meet new people. You're a kwami."

"But these guys aren't from around here. What's the harm?"

"Don't worry Adrien, we won't tell anyone," y/n assures.

"Who's Adrien?" I ask her.

Y/n's eyes widen. "Oops."

"Plagg!! I thought you said they weren't from around here!" Chat whisper-shouts.

Y/n bites her lip and turns around. "That's right, we're not."

"Then how do you know my name?"

"I... uh... we're sort of from a different world."

Chat/Adrien stares at her disbelievingly, but then he gets lost in thought. "Wait... is that where you learned that tornado thing? Another world?"

I laugh. "You mean Spinjitsu."

"That's a funny name."

I turn to y/n, a slight frown on my face. "I don't like him very much."

She flicks my cheek with her finger and thumb. "Don't be mean."

"He made fun of Spinjitsu!"

"So? You're basically his brother from another mother; get over it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Same hair, favourite colour's green, both super heroes and yet still super dense—heck, I could call you twins."

I cross my arms. "I still don't see a resemblance."

Suddenly, a flash of red speeds past above us.

"Chat? Where are you?" a voice calls.

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien calls, and the furry black creature gets sucked into his ring. Once he looks like a super hero again, he calls out to the person searching for him. "I'm down here, M'lady!"

"I advise you to take things slowly," Zane says. "You're not in any condition to engage in strenuous activity."

Ladybug jumps down to join us in the alleyway.

"You guys again?" She says, noticing us.

"I got cataclysmed," Chat explains. "They were helping me."

She gasps. "Oh no! Are you alright?"

"I'll be okay. So, what's the plan?"

Ladybug hands a small black hexagonal box to him. "Bring this to Chloe. We need all the help we can get."

Chat stares at it for a second. "You know what, I've got a better idea."

That being said, he hands the box to Zane.

"What are you doing?" Ladybug demands.

"We don't have much time; give the other two miraculouses to y/n and Lloyd."

Ladybug looks over at me and y/n, then offers us both an identical black box.

"Can we trust you?"