Chomped on by a Hungry Hippo

———Movie Lloyd's POV———

"Here we are!" The principal says.

"An old storage room?" Y/n clarifies.

"Yep. For your detention, you're going to remove all the staples from that stack of magazines over there."

I look to my right, and see a bunch of tables covered in magazines.

"Holy sh*t, that's a lot," I mutter.

"You better get started if you want to get home before sundown," the principal says, and then offers us a collection of staple removers. "Choose your weapons!"

After we take the tools from his hands, he leaves the room, and slams the door behind him.

"What a weirdo," y/n says, staring at the door.

"You didn't have to stick up for me like that," I say. "I can handle myself."

"I know," she replies. "But sometimes it's nice to have someone who cares."

I don't know what to say to that; why is she being so nice to me?

Y/n walks over to the pile of papers, and starts to pull the staples off. I join her, and try to make conversation.

"So, how are you liking Ninjago High?" I ask.

Y/n shrugs. "I don't really have anything to compare it to."

I stop and look at her. "What do you mean?"

"I... um... this is my first day of school," she stutters, somewhat embarrassed. "Ever."

"You've never been to school before?"

She shakes her head.

"Why not? We're you homeschooled?"

Y/n's eyes light up. "Yeah, homeschooled. Sure."

"Lucky," I sigh. "I wish I was homeschooled."

A/n: I actually was homeschooled when I was younger... can anyone else relate?

"Hey, look," y/n says, looking at a bookshelf. "They have a whole bunch of movies here."

"Wow," I say. "That's a lot of DVDs."

"Do you want to put one on? It might help to pass the time."

"Sure, but we don't have anything to play it on."

"Actually, we do."

She kneels down, opens her backpack and takes out a small, rectangular object. She opens it up like a laptop, and grabs a random DVD case from the shelf. I sit down beside her as she inserts the disc into the movie player.

"Where'd you get that?" I ask, pointing to the DVD player.

"I don't know," she answers. "I've had it for as long as I can remember. I don't use it often, but I take with me everywhere because I feel like it's important somehow."

She presses the play button, and immediately, the sound of drums surrounds us.

"What the—" I mutter.

"That can't be good," y/n says, looking at her hands, which are fading away into DVD player. I look down at my own hands, and sure enough, I'm being pulled towards it, too. The next thing we both know, we've disappeared from the storage room.

—————-Movie y/n's POV————-

"Oof!"

I land on the ground with a thud. I push myself up and look around, but I don't recognize anything of my surroundings.

"Why am I in a jungle?" I wonder.

Suddenly, the sound of someone screaming startles me. I look up, and there's someone plummeting to the ground. I shriek as that same person lands right on top of me.

"Ow!" I exclaim. "That was definitely a concussion."

"Sorry..." Lloyd mutters as he gets off of me. "Where the hell are we?"

"I don't know, but I don't like it," I say, and walk towards the sound of rushing water. I turn to face my friend. "Are there any greenhouses in Ninjago City?"

Suddenly, Lloyd's expression goes pale. "Y/n... walk towards me, very slowly..."

I don't argue. I take a step forward, but my foot lands on a stick, and the twig snaps. Two seconds later, I feel a set of jaws clamp over my whole body.

"Let me out!" I demand of the giant animal, pounding on the inside of its mouth. It doesn't obey, but instead, it shakes me aggressively back-and-forth. Soon after, everything goes black.

————-

I hear a loud chime, and then I come crashing back down towards the ground.

"Ha! Payback!" I say as I land on top of Lloyd.

"You got me," he mutters, his face pressed into a pile of mud.

I help him off the ground. "What just happened?" I ask.

"You fell from the sky," he replies. "Right after being chomped on by a giant hippopotamus."

"Hippopotamus?" I repeat, extremely confused. "Okay, we really need to figure out where we are."

———————-Series Y/n's POV————-

"I'm glad Other Lloyd didn't get beat up today," I say as I walk down the street with Lloyd. "I guess we'll just have to save my really bad idea for later."

"Yeah," he replies. "Speaking of which, I haven't actually seen Other Lloyd since that battle with Garmadon."

"The school bell just rang. I'm sure he'll be out soon," I say, but then something catches my eye. "Huh, that's odd."

"What?"

"The other ninja are walking together, but Other Lloyd and Other Y/n aren't with them."

Lloyd looks over to where I'm glancing. "They're coming this way," he says. "We should probably—"

"Lloyd! y/n!"

"Too late," I mutter.

"Should we run?" Lloyd asks.

"To avoid suspicion, just play along."

"How did you get out of detention so fast?" Other Nya exclaims as she approaches. "Did you hop out through the window or something?"

"Well, we uh... finished early?" I say. Smooth, y/n, real smooth.

"That's good, cause we have training, Lloyd, remember?" Other Kai says. "You don't have time for—ahem—girls."

"Right..." Lloyd says. "Okay, um, I'll see you later, y/n, I guess?"

"Yeah, sure," I reply. This is bad, this is bad...

"Come on, let's go!" Other Cole says, and I watch as Lloyd and the other ninja head towards their not-so-secret headquarters.

I wave to Lloyd discreetly as he walks away, and he returns the gesture. This is bad, very, very bad...