Sensei's got the Munchies

???'s POV

I start to follow the boy down the street, but we're stopped by a group of strangely dressed teens.

"Where have you been?!" A girl asks. "We've been looking all over for you, Ll—"

"Shh!" The boy in green cuts her off. "We've got company."

Everyone's attention shifts to me.

"Is that another fan girl?" The boy in black asks in annoyance. "We've had to deal with enough of those."

"No! She's not," the boy in green whisper-shouts. "She doesn't have a home."

"What do you mean?" The boy in red asks.

"She lives out on the streets by herself. I didn't want to leave her here in the cold, so I offered her a place to stay for the night."

"Where, at the base?" The boy in blue clarifies. "We're not supposed to show anyone where that is!"

"Then we blindfold her," the girl suggests. "I agree; we shouldn't let her sleep outside."

The girl motions for me to come closer, so I oblige. The boy in green bends down and unties a strip of fabric from his ankle.

"Here," he says, putting the piece of fabric in my hand.

"You seriously expect me to wear this?"

"I don't. Some of my friends are just a little distrusting."

I sigh and roll my eyes, but I tie the fabric around my head anyway.

"Can you see anything?" The boy asks, probably waving his hand in front of me.

"Nope."

"Great," he says, then takes my hand. He leads me down the street, and I can feel us making a bunch of turns. Pretty soon I'm so disoriented I have no idea where we are.

"Okay, you can take your blindfold off now."

"Finally," I breathe, and pull it off. My eyes widen as I take in my surroundings. "Where are we?"

"This is our base," the girl says, then runs over and hops into a giant robot. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"What are those for?" I ask, gesturing to the array of mechanical structures.

"These are our mechs," the one in black explains, hitting his fist against one of them. "They help us fight Garmadon."

"Garmadon? Who's that?"

I hear gasps all around the room.

"How do you not know who he is?" The blue one asks.

"By my calculations, only 0.000001% of Ninjago City's population is unfamiliar with that name," the one in white says. There's something odd about that guy.

"Well, what does this guy do? Attack the city or something?"

"Yeah, he can make quite the disturbance," the green one says. "How long have you been in the city?"

"Um... I don't know," I stutter. "I can't remember anything before living out on the streets, but I don't think I've been here long."

"Well, that's obvious, since you don't know who Garmadon is," the blue one says, but then the one in black slaps him on the back of the head. "Ouch!"

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you need," the green one assures me. "We've got to go back to training, but make yourself at home."

After the PJ people leave, I start exploring. I find a kitchen, and I can't help but take a look around. I turn on the light, but I'm surprised to find someone already in there.

"Gah!" An old man shrieks, his arms full of bags of potato chips and candy, which all go flying. "What the heck?!"

"The PJ people let me stay the night," I hastily explain.

"PJ people?" The man repeats. "Oh, you mean the ninja."

I go to help the old man pick up his treats off the ground. "Who are you, anyway?" I ask.

"I'm their Sensei. I train them."

"Um... I'm no expert, but snacking on junk food doesn't seem like a part of the job description."

He humphs. "Tell anyone about this, and your screwed."

"Okay, okay," I laugh. "Your secret's safe with me. They'll never know you spend the night in front of the TV while the ninja do the training set you gave them."

"You should get to bed. There's school tomorrow."

"No, I... I don't go to school."

"Why not?"

I shrug. "There's no reason, I just don't."

The man squints at me. "Be ready at the bus station in the morning; I'll arrange your spot in Ninjago High." 

"That's okay, you don't need to—"

"I insist."

I hand the Sensei all the snack bags I picked up and watch as he makes his way into the living room. While he's distracted, I look in the fridge. There seems to be some leftovers, so I take them, grab a fork, and then head to the room with the mechs. I slip the food into my backpack, and then make a run for it.

——————y/n's POV————-

"I can't believe that's supposed to be us," Lloyd grumbles into his hands. We had just watched the so-called ninja team do their rooftop workout or whatever, and movie-verse Kai just attempted a flying kick, but failed miserably.

"Yeah..." I mutter. "They don't seem very experienced."

"You should be glad that you're not on the team in this universe; it's just embarrassing."

"You know, we should probably find someplace to sleep," I suggest. Just then, Nadakhan poofs out of the lamp.

"You want to wish for a house? Or a hotel? Or a tent?"

"No, you big buffoon, go back into your stupid oil can," I say.

"It's not an oil can, it's a magical lamp!"

"I don't give a frick. Now, if I have to see your face one more time today, I'm going to throw you into that volcano over there."

Nadakhan scoffs. "You don't have the muscle for that."

"Really? Try me."

The djinn gets the hint that I'm not fooling around, and disappears back into his lamp.

"We have to get out of here," I say tiredly.

"You can say that again," Lloyd groans as his movieverse self falls down between two buildings. "This is torture."

—————A/N—————

Yo, it's me again. Thanks for reading this chapter! I'd like to make a shout out to Ninjagofan02 for writing a great story that you should go check out!

Also, if you want me to read and/or promote a story of yours, let me know! I'd love to hear from you guys.