Ch 1, The beginning

This world was once beautiful when humans existed. Though it had its far shares of wars but yet it ends peacefully most of the times. War between ourselves, the humans, was the only concern in the life of peace. And the only true enemy that remained all the years caused these wars was the government systems. Until twenty years ago, the year I was born, monsters begin to sprout out of the ground and attack people. These monsters were known as, the Aragami. How they exist was a mystery. Some say they came from the heavens as divine retribution, others say they are aliens that invaded this world. The place of their origin is unknown. All it matters is that they strive to kill and devour. This once peaceful world has became a wasteland where death is common and humans are the meals for these monstrous beasts. But there are those who chose to fight this war of survival against the Aragami. God Eaters, humans who inject themselves with bias factors to stand a fight chance to defeat Aragami, or rather I say the only ones. However, one must only be compatible in order to wield a living weapon out of Aragami, God Arcs. But even though we God Eaters gain the ability to slay the beasts, the war with these creatures is endless. However, Aragami aren't the only threat that we struggle against. Even in the brink of the apocalypse, we still struggle against ourselves. Not just physically, but emotionally as well. And we all must face the struggle sooner or later...

*After slaying the Vajra*

Long blade God Eater (Lindow): Well, will you look at that! A rare one.

Sniper God Eater (Sakuya): It's strong. And to the victor go the spoils.

Lindow: Old man Sakaki's gonna have a fit when he sees this.

Sakuya: Heh. I'd like to see some reinforcements out here.

Scythe God Eater (Evan): If you two are done admiring the success, I suggest we return to the Den...

Lindow: ...Before more show up.  Yeah, we get it.

*All God Eaters started walking*

Sakuya: By the way, what are they serving today?

Lindow: Admittedly I wasn't paying attention at the last supply meeting... Wait! I just remembered. Some new engineered corn or something.

Sakuya: Ugh. You mean that same overgrown corn-on-the-cob fiasco?

Evan: I rather starve than eat the same thing over again...

Sakuya: As much I want to agree with you, that's the fifthteenth time you skipped a meal. You can't keep going on like this, even after or before missions. I'm not going to let you off if you keep pushing yourself to exhaustion like last time.

Lindow: Yeah, we should be glad we're getting fed at all.

Sakuya: Hey, Soma. How about a trade, huh? You like corn.

Buster God Eater (Soma): Don't think so.

Lindow: Come on. If we're not back soon, we'll get s lotta nothing!

[Fenrir HQ]

Speaker: Pardon the interruption, Director. I believe Norn has found a match. A potential New Type God Eater, sir.

Director: Very good. Send the data to my personal terminal. Summon him. There's potential, but he must first clear the test.

[Few minutes later]

*Door knocks*

Evan: You called, Director Schicksal?

Director Schicksal: Yes, thank you for coming. I wanted to inform you that we found a new recruit joining our ranks. But not just any newly found God Eater, but a New Type just like you.