Ch 5, What happened on Welkin?

Operation: Moon in the Welkin became a success, however it is not without a price. After the team got back to the Den, it was already appeared to be one God Eater short from their return. Not only that, things haven't gone well at the aftermath. Lindow is left behind, Alisa is in a mental disorder, and the others are not doing too well themselves, while I was on forced time off. Or so I say till the Director told me to return to the field. 

[This morning; Executives Section, Directors office]

Evan: You wanted to see me?

Director Schicksal: Yes, I am a busy man but I will make this quick. As of tomorrow, you will be joining back the field. Ms. Amiella is unable to continue on for the time being due to her last operation and the search of Lindow Amamiya has been put off. I'm sure you're aware of his state i now MIA discharged because of the Brass. So I want to send you in secret to continue the search of him.

Evan: You would defy the Board to continue the search of a God Eater? Never thought of you being rebellious, Director.

Director Schicksal: What can I say, a scientist  must do whatever it takes for the sake of research. Like humanity must take anything in advance to be rid of the Aragami.

Evan: But you're a Director now instead of a scientist before.

Director Schicksal: True, but even I must do whatever it takes to complete the Aegis project. Anyhow, I suggest going back to the last field where 1st Unit's operation took place against a Vajra. You'll find fruitful results there.

Evan: So, why me? Why send me instead of someone else?

Director Schicksal: It's obvious isn't it? You're the only one, out of all the others, is capable of learning more on what happened the field. You have a special gift as a Scout Corporal to recon the field a lot more than the others. Is there no other reason?

Evan: Okay, I get to the field and investigate what happen, and lets say I found something, then what?

Director Schicksal: Once you have, return to the Den and report back to me. And we'll see what comes next. So until then, take this last day off and train or do what you do during your time. I need you a hundred percent before you're back on the field. That is all.

*Evan nods and leaves* 

[Earlier at the Den, week ago]

Tsubaki: Today's orders have been changed. Your new objective is to eradicate all Aragami in the vicinity. Alisa will not be joining you. Tests indicate she is on the mend: however, she requires time to heal before returning to active duty. On a final note... As of this morning, Captain Lindow's combat status has been altered. He is currently listed as "Missing in Action/Discharged." That will be all. Thank you.

Yuu/Kota: Wait what?/Seriously?!

Sakuya: (Outraged) That's absurd! We haven't found his God Arc. We haven't found his Armlet. How could you say that?!

Yuu: Sakuya, please...

Tsubaki: It is not my decision to make, Miss Tachibana. The brass confirmed, we are no longer receiving a beacon nor biometrics from his Armlet. We don't have time for a full scale search. Not with new attacks coming every day from unrecognized Aragami. I'm sorry. 

*Tsubaki and Soma walks off*

Sakuya: I'm not wrong, am I? Isn't it insane that they're just... giving up?!

Yuu: Miss Tsubaki's right, Sakuya. We have to focus on the Aragami that are on the prows.

Sakuya: What are you saying?! That we should abandon him and move on?!