Ch 9, Evan's determination

Previously...

Dr. Sakaki: Kaliban, to what do I owe you today?

Evan: A lot. But I think its time you and I have a talk... Doctor.

 *Dr. Sakaki stops typing and gets off his chair*

Now, Back to where we left off... [Dr. Sakaki's Lab]

Evan: So, is there a reason for this discretion, or is it to tell me you found nothing in my the results and require more of my blood?

Dr. Sakaki: Well, yes and no. I was unable to find anything to discover about you and may need another sample, but that's not the reason for all of this. 

Evan: Then, what?

Dr. Sakaki: Tell me, how much do you trust Johannes, our Director of course?

Evan: That's the kind of question which implies that there's some distrust among you two. I thought you and the Director are old science partners.

Dr. Sakaki: We are. But there seems to be some... difficulties between us. Just as much as you are distrusting to certain people, I would say.

Evan: So what? You're going to blackmail me into an ultimatum? Go ahead, I got nothing left to loose.

Dr. Sakaki: That's not entirely true, and no I have no intention of doing so.

Evan: But you starting to sound like I don't have a choice in all this.

Dr. Sakaki: Oh heavens no.  You indeed have a choice. How you respond is up to you. But before you say anything, why not listen to my proposal. I am in dire to find a certain something and you are determine to find the answers your looking for. But the both of us have the disadvantages of finding it our own as well as we have what the other wants or able to get. So suggest that the two of us work together.

*Evan stays silent*

Dr. Sakai: As I told you before Evan-- no Shinyu, I seek is your cooperation, nothing more.

Evan: ...

Dr. Sakaki: I get it, you don't trust me. Let alone, trust the Director. But I assure you, I have no reason to lie to you that so ever. I will tell you everything, you needed to know. Besides, did you not find what you're looking for in the subway?

Evan: Only just the tracks two large Aragami.

Dr. Sakaki: And the two are...

Evan: One of them's the Dyaus Pita.

Dr. Sakaki: And what of the other one?

Evan: ...

Dr. Sakaki: Precisely. If you still don't trust me, then by all means, find the answers on your own. But do know that it won't be long before you're exposed. Or you can help me and I help you, and everything that you want to know, I will answer. But what I will tell you, you must keep to yourself. That I promise. 

Evan: *Looks down, overwhelmed*

Dr. Sakaki: Give it some time to think this over, I can wait for your answer. But time is in the essence. And I hope you would consider...

[Couple Days later, Veteran's Section]

*Yuu waits for the Elevator as Tsubaki walks up to him*

Yuu: *Sighs* Me being Captain... It's still hard to believe...