Ch 12 (Yuu's POV)

(Sorry it took so long for me, there was a lot of issues because of the virus, but I'll continue with the story next week or so. No promises. But the story will be done soon. Well... this story...)

We manage to fit some clothes for Shio, despite the troubles of getting her to wear some that she doesn't find itchy to her. Director Schicksal has called me to his office after returned from his business trip from Europe. We went back where we left off from my promotion as Captain of the 1st Unit. I still don't know what it takes but I've done well so far. But now he assigns me to defeat a large Aragami and extract it's core. Despite his admiration of me, something about him makes me feel, uneased.

*Yuu walks in the Director's office*

Director Schicksal: Good to see you again. Believe it or not. I continue to hear much more of your accomplishments whilst I traveled through Europe on business. I am proud to see that you have been living up to my expectations. As Director of the Far East, I extend my gracious thanks. I hope you'll forgive my lack of formality but I'm pressed for time, so I'll get right to it.

Yuu: Is it about continuing where we left off about special missions and tasks, sir?

Director Schicksal: Correct. These operations will be varied in nature, their objectives will run the gamut, but they all share one rule. They are to be preformed under my direct supervision. You will report to no one but me. Needless to say, this applies to any material and rewards you may receive during the missions as well. Each and every one of these missions operates under a strict standard of confidentiality. Due to their sensitive nature, they will preformed most often alone. Only rarely will you require a team.

Yuu: Excuse me for interrupting but, when you said alone, that means I'll receive no help at all against enemies far beyond my skill?

Director Schicksal: Yes but as I said, there are little missions I will allow you to choose members to aid you. Like this one, I've assign to you against this large Aragami, accept it in the mission terminal after this conversation. But in return for your service, I'll gladly provide you with approximate monetary value of the rare items that you collect and return. I know you. You are a strong and resourceful God Eater, strong enough to accomplish anything you intend to. I would not trust you otherwise. Each mission I ask of you is a mark of my faith. Lindow... he served me well in this same capacity. He was an extraordinary warrior, and a good man. Losing him was a devastating blow, not just to his allies, but to me as well. But I'm fortunate to find you--A God Eater with the potential to be as strong as he, perhaps as strong as Kaliban too. I will depend on your assistance and your discretion. Thank you. 

[Yuu nods as he walks out]

Yuu: (To himself) As strong as them, I find that hard to believ- *Spots Soma* Oh, Soma...

Soma: So, he finally summoned you too. I will only say this once. Don't trust him. He pulls strings you can't even imagine. *Walks off*

Yuu: You're telling me something I already know... 

[God Arc storage]

Yuu walks in to grabs his God Arc and head out but sees Kaliban standing there.

Evan: Heading out? *Walks over to him after Yuu nodded* Listen, I can't help you on your mission given to Schicksal himself, but I have a bad feeling that I can't leave you without any guidance.