Ch 4, What lies beneath is pain & despair (Part 1)

[Den Entrance]

*Hibari looking up mission specs for Evan, but spots Daniel coming downstairs*

Hibari: Oh, hey Daniel.

Dainel: *Sees Hibari and Evan* Oh, hey Hibari. [To Evan]Evan, you back from your mission?

Evan: What about it?

Daniel: Well, I heard that you were one of the people that the Director sent to escort a God Eater from the Russia branch.

Evan: You know better to listen to idle gossip. But yeah, she turned out to be a New Type.

Daniel: A New Type, so I heard. Who would of guess that the Director would find a God Eater that is just like you--

Evan: *Interrupts* No! She's nothing like me! She may develop skill, but without experience in the field, she's starts out nothing more but a novice. Just like the rest of us had to.

Daniel: True but...

Evan: You heading out?

Daniel: Huh? Y-yeah, Soma requested me to join up with 1st Unit as replacement. Against Chi-You.

Evan: That's a first. Well I want you to inform those two--

Daniel: About Chi-You's. Yeah I won't forget, I was the one who asked you advice about them. 

Evan: Anything yet?

Hibari: Yes. Just now, Ms. Tsubaki  wants you to work with Alisa on the field experience, against a infestation of Cocoon Maidens near the carrier.

Evan: Fine...

Shun's voice: Hahaha! A bunch of cocoon Aragami? I thought you would start something harder instead of those small fries. Haha... *Exhales* Ah, well that should be a good practice for the rookie. But you, you won't give anyone good practice with them.

Evan: If I remember correctly, you're first day as on the field it took you 2 minutes to kill a Ogretail, 5 minutes to kill a Zigote. Then in your first mid sized Aragami mission, you kept getting knocked down multiple times by a Gboro-Gboro.

Shun: Wha--

Evan: And not to mention, that a year ago, you ignore my warning of avoiding a Cocoon Maiden's thorns, costing you your senses. How do you explain taking it down in 2 and a half minutes?

Shun: W-well.. I...

Daniel: He's got you there!

Shun: Oh, shut up! How would you know?

Daniel: Because it was my first mission there.

Hibari: Hehehehe...

Shun: (Speechless) Wha... you.... ARGH!!!!

Evan: Well, how about a little redemption? Why not, show our rookie here how a veteran God Eater works. Unless, you're going to swallow your arrogance and live with the shame.

Shun: You... Y-you got some nerve! Fine! I'll join you! Then, you'll see what I'm made of! *Shun stomps away*

Daniel: Heh, you sure got under his skin.

Evan: Well, better stock up on medical supplies and get Alisa. *Leaves*

Hibari: ... 

Daniel: Is Evan okay? He seemed unease when I mention about the recruit.

Hibari: There were a bit complications during and after the mission.