05

𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝒸𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓎,

( second-person point of view  )

L's cold fingers lightly resting on your thigh under the table drew your attention away from your work. The touch was not sexual, rather pure and innocent. You smiled. L has been unusually affectionate lately, not that you had any issue with that; it was nice to receive the attention. Due to keeping your relationship a secret and the case being a bit demanding, you and L had not gotten the time to spend together as either of you would have liked. You guessed that it was starting to finally catch up with the detective to your left.

You soon realized you had to stand up to get something. You put your hand over L's, squeezing it gently before rising to your feet. His hand cascaded down your leg until you were too far away to touch, a frown settling onto his features.

. . .

You sat back down, sending a small smile in L's direction. You did not get too far back into your work when you felt L's fingers messing with yours, all of which were successfully hidden. Your boyfriend absentmindedly played with your hand as he worked. It wasn't distracting, rather quite calming actually. It was always the little things that made you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Soon, L's fingers came to rest in between yours, happily holding your hand.

"If you want my attention, you should just ask," You muttered in the direction of your boyfriend.

"Was I giving you that impression?" L asked, in an equally as quiet tone.

"A bit, yes," Your small smile and gaze were both directed at him. His dark eyes glanced at you for a brief moment. He didn't use words, he simply hummed and returned to work. He still held onto your hand discreetly.

. . .

Your fingers quickly flicked through the tabs on the filing cabinet. You tucked away certain things here and there, double-checking to make sure everything was neat and organized. You heard the door open, but you didn't pay it much mind. That was the case until you felt two firm arms wrap around your waist, pulling you back into without a doubt, L's body.

"What are you doing?" You giggled slightly, looking over your shoulder to find the man in question.

"I have just been missing you lately," L admitted, tucking his face into the side of your neck. You smiled.

"I've been missing you too," You stated honestly. "Is that why you've been clingy lately?"

"Have I?" L muttered, thinking out loud. He had never considered the possibility of being clingy until you mentioned it. He never experienced the feeling of desire to simply hold someone close all day long. He never really experienced the desire to kiss your face until you were laughing with joy. Perhaps he was being clingy. 

"I love you," L said, kissing your cheek. "And you look nice today."

"Oh hush," You mumbled with a bashful smile. You heard L chuckle, a sound that was rare and beautiful. You did not mind L being clingy, not one bit.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .