13

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜 𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝑒,

( second-person point of view  )

It was a cozy little coffee shop, not too many people, kind servers, and wonderful food. You glanced at the clock that was mounted on the wall, you had been waiting for around fifteen minutes. L should join you in about five minutes. You were so excited to finally be going on a real date with your boyfriend for the first time in... who knows how long! You chose a cafe that you knew no one from the task force even knew existed, so it was safe to be seen together. It was highly rare these occasions would occur though, so it was smart to make them last.

L entered the small shop, the sweet sweet scent of pastries and desserts filled his senses. It was such a pleasant smell, but the sight of you in pretty (f/c) clothes was even more pleasant to him. He walked over to the booth you picked out in the corner of the building, far away from everything else. He sat down across from you and you smiled brightly.

"Hello, detective," You greeted playfully. "Glad you could make it."

"I am glad you invited me," L shot back with the same tone, a smile creeping onto his face. "This place seems very nice."

"I thought you would like it," You mused happily. "The cakes here are amazing." It was good to talk to your boyfriend about something or anything besides a homicidal maniac. You reached across the table and placed your hand over the top of his lovingly. It truly felt like there was no place you would rather be.

. . .

"I told you that you'd like it here," You said with a smile as the two of you enjoyed your slices of cake. The fluffy dessert covered in sweet icing was delicious, and the company you shared was even better. You missed going on dates with L, it was not the most romantic thing in the world, but you were thankful for whatever you could get. The case was stressful, so an added bonus to this little rendezvous was relieving.

"As long as you are with me, I would enjoy being anywhere," L said, his mouth partially full of cake. You chuckled and felt your cheeks blush at his precious words. His tone was so nonchalant and cool, which gave his words an added value; he said it like a statement of fact that everyone knew.

"You're such a sap," You teased, although your grin suggested you didn't mind it, which was true. L simply shrugged and continued to eat his cake. You enjoyed the small delightful conversation you were having. There wasn't a set topic you spoke about, instead, it was whatever came to mind or drifted into your words. You no longer had to use a filter because you weren't in the presence of those you were hiding from. It was beyond wonderful, actually.

"I love you so much," You sighed, closing your eyes and resting your head on the table. L reached out and stroked your cheek.

"I love you too, darling. Please never change," You chuckled at L's words and sat up again.

"I'll try not to."

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .