17

(𝒶𝓁𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉) 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓁𝓈𝑒,

( second-person point of view  )

Over the course of the investigation, you have grown somewhat close with the others on the task force. Particularly, although she isn't technically a part of the task force, the young blonde, and flamboyant Misa. You had no say in the matter of friendship. Being just about the only other female at HQ, Misa essentially forced a friendship between the two of you. You were not complaining, although there were times you wished she would just shut up, she was a friend of yours.

However, there was one slight problem: Misa had a habit of sticking her nose into your love life. She would pester you about whether or not you had a special someone, to which you found a way around. Misa was persistent, you give her that, and her intentions were good. She wanted to ensure you were just as happy and in love as she was. Truth be told you were more in love than she was (not to mention your love was returned ten-fold), but she didn't know that. No one but Matsuda and Watari knew of your and L's relationship. Even if you told her, you knew the pestering would only shift so Misa would be demanding to know every detail of your relationship.

"(C/n)!" Misa exclaimed, pulling on your arm as you tried to work. "Are you doing anything this weekend?"

"Um nope," You admitted, not minding her dangling from one of your limbs. "Why do you asked?"

"I have this friend I know you'll get along with!" She said, perking up dramatically.

"Oh?" You raised an eyebrow and glanced at her. "What's her name?"

"His name is Keigo," Misa explained. "He's super cute, really charming, and I think you're going to like him!"

"Wait... are you--are you trying to set me up on a date, Misa?" You asked in utter confusion. This got the attention of your boyfriend, who was working in the same room as the rest of you. He didn't show that he was listening in at all, but he was. He was curious as to how you'd play this one off.

"Yeah, obviously!" Misa cheered, nearly jumping with excitement. "You never do anything, you must be so lonely! When was the last time you actually went on a date?" You laughed nervously at her words. Sure, actually "dates" between you and L were rare at the moment, but that didn't mean you were lonely or sad. A girl can be perfectly happy without a boyfriend, everyone ought to know that! You had to remember Misa only wanted to make you happy because you were friends. You could see out of the corner of your eye Matsuda was snickering softly, causing L to shoot him an intimidating glare.

"I suppose it's been a while," You confessed, awkwardly looking away. "But I don't want to go on a date with a stranger right now."

"Why not?" Misa asked, almost offended you shot down her idea so quickly. You could tell L was silently laughing to himself and looking at you out of the corner of his eye. You shook your head, stuttering while figuring out what to say.

"I-I'm just content the way I am," You said, which was technically true. "I'm really happy where I'm at right now."

"Aw, you're no fun," Misa whined, finally willing to let you off the hook. You sighed in relief and smiled.

"Sorry, hun," You told her as you looked at L, who was already looking at you and you smirked. "Maybe next time."

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .