Chapter 1

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be." - Unknown

"Mommy, come on we're gonna be late!"

Olivia, Marley's six year-old daughter called, racing down the grand staircase to her mom. Olivia had long brown curly hair, brown eyes, and her mother's warm smile. She was wearing her hair in a pony tail with a pink ribbon tying it up. Olivia had on a pink tutu dress with white ballet flats. Marley was amazed her six year-old daughter could get herself ready.

"We will be fine Liv. Are you ready to go see Grandma?"

Olivia's face lit up when Marley metioned her grandmother. Even though Olivia didn't see Millie that much, they had gotten very close.

"Yes, yes, yes! Let's go mommy!"

Marley laughed at her daughter's reaction. "Okay, let me get the bags."

Marley grabbed their suitcases and headed out the door, locking it behind her.

"Let me take those, Miss Rose." Marley's driver said taking the luggage out of her hands.

"Thanks." Olivia was already in the car and Marley followed behind. Within minutes they were on their way to the airport.

Marley moved to LA after high school to make her dreams come true, and they had. The only thing she missed was Jake, Marley had broken Jake's heart right before she left fo LA a few weeks after graduation. A few weeks after she found out she was pregnant, and now six years later she was 24 with a daughter. Jake's daughter, and he had no clue. Marley wanted to tell Jake, but he had a full scholarship to Julliard for dance. What he loved most, behind Marley of course. Jake was so confused by the breakup, he and Marley were supposed to at least try the long distance thing. But to Jake, Marley had given up on their relationship, given up on them. Marley was happy in LA, she had a mansion, her beautiful child, money, and was a very popular singer on the radio. Just like she dreamed of, she had multiple #1 hit songs. But something just felt weird, empty, and she couldn't figure out what or why. Marley and Olivia were heading back to Lima, Ohio to spend a few weeks with her mom. She thought maybe that was the empty feeling. But she was wrong, way wrong.

After about an hour since they left home they were finally flying to Ohio.

"Mommy?" Olivia looked at her mother with questioning eyes.

"Yes, Liv?" Marley looked back at her daughter instead of looking out the airplane window.

"Will you tell me about Daddy?"

Marley had talked about Jake with Olivia, but never went into detail. "Well, you have his eyes, and his hair."

"Daddy had curly hair?"

"Only when he let it grow out, which he never did"

Marley chuckled at a memory of Jake telling her how ridiculous he looked with his hair grown out.

"What else, momma?" Olivia looked delighted that her mother was sharing this much with her about her father.

"Daddy was sweet, funny, handsome, and I loved him with all my heart."

"Then why aren't you with him?"

Marley really didn't want to answer that question. "Sometimes, if you love someone you have to let them go."

Olivia just nodded her head, pretending to understand. Soon after, Liv fell asleep and Marley let a lone tear escape her eye.

Marley and Olivia arrived at the airport and were picked up by the car service Marley hired.

"Are we almost there yet?" Olivia was getting impatient

"Almost."

Marley kissed her daughters forehead. Soon enough they pulled up to Millie's new house. Millie had gotten married just after Marley left for LA and was happily living with her husband in the home Marley had bought them as a wedding present. Marley had met Millie's husband Charles, Charlie for short, many times and was quite fond of him. Marley stepped out of the car, the driver getting the baggage, and headed towards the front door with her daughter on her hip. She slowly opened the door only to be greeted by her mom and all her friends from high school.

"Suprise honey. Welcome home." Millie said as she gave Marley a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, mom." Millie grabbed Olivia from Marley's arms and everyone started talking to Marley.

Everyone was here, except for Jake. At least Marley wouldn't have to face him now,, she didn't even expect for him to be in Ohio. He was probably in New York doing something amazing, something he wouldn't have been able to do if he had a child. A few hours passed and everyone was completely in love with Olivia, but she was getting tired so Millie and Charlie took her upstairs to get her ready for bed.

"I love you sweetheart. I'll tuck you in, in a bit"

"Okay, love you too, momma." Olivia gave her mom a kiss on the cheek and headed upstairs with her grandparents.

Everyone was laughing and having a good time, then someone knocked on the door. Marley walked to the door and opened it, wondering who it would be. When she opened it, it was none other than Jake Puckerman.

"Hey, Jake."

"Hey, Marley."