Chapter 12

Jake, Marley and Olivia spent the next week spending more time together. Jake would come over, play games with Liv and stay the night with Marley. When Marley and Liv would go to his place they ordered pizza and watched movies, most nights they spent the night. Today was Thursday and it was around ten at night when Marley was talking to Jake on the phone.

"Please, Jake? For me?"

"Marley, I don't know what about your mom and Charlie?"

"It's not like we'll be doing anything and I already asked my mom. She said it was fine. I just want you to come over and watch tv with me while I fall asleep in your arms."

"Okay, fine. You win, I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

"Thank you, Jake." Jake hung up and since he was already in his pajamas he brought a change of clothes for tomorrow and drove to Millie's house. Ten minutes later Jake texted Marley.

"I'm here."

"On my way downstairs." Marley was wearing a tee shirt Jake had left in her room and her bra and underwear.

"Hi, Jake."

"Hey, Marls. You tired?" Jake was taking his shoes and jacket off.

"Yes, come on." Marley grabbed his hand and led him upstairs.

"I see you have my shirt on and that's about all you have on" Jake said once they entered Marley's room and shut the door.

Marley blushed. "I like your shirts, and no I have more than just this on."

"Well, I think you look beautiful in my shirt."

Marley smiled "Lay with me?"

"Isn't that what I came here for?" Jake asked chuckling. Marley grabbed his hand and pulled him into bed. Marley turned so she was facing him.

"I'm happy you're here." Marley said

"Me, too." Jake said as he wrapped his arms around Marley. Marley kissed him for a few minutes.

"I thought you said we weren't doing anything, Ms. Rose?"

"What? I was just kissing my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend. I think I like that word."

"Oh really? I like it too."

"Marls, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Will you come with me to NYC. Just for the weekend, since I am making my stay permanent for a while I have some things I wanna get. I want you to come with me."

"Jake I would love to..."

"But..."

"But, I can't leave Liv and I wouldn't wanna take her. She hates planes and gets really cranky. I'm sorry Jake, I want to but I can't"

"It's okay, Marls. Let's go to bed." Marley could hear dissapointment in his voice and she didn't want to upset him anymore so she agreed to go to bed.

Marley woke up first and went downstairs because she smelled food, but she put on some pants before going down.

"Hey, mom." Marley said walking in the kitchen.

"Mornin' Marls. Jake still here?"

"Yeah, he's still asleep."

"Well when he wakes up there is some breakfast in here for him." Millie glanced up at her daughter. "You okay, Marley?"

"What? Oh, yeah sorry. I was just thinking about last night."

"What about last night?"

"Jake asked me to come to NYC with him for the weekend, he has some things he wantss to bring down here since he's staying for a while."

"What's there to think about?"

"Liv. I can't take her so I said I couldn't."

"Marley Rose! I will gladly watch my granddaughter, now you march upstairs right now and tell him you are going!"

"But, mom-"

"I will not take no for an answer, now go tell him!" Millie said waving the spatula she was using to motion Marley upstairs.

"Fine. Thank you mom."

"Anytime, Marley."

Marley ran upstairs and got in bed next to Jake.

"Hey, Jake. Wake up." She was rubbing his face softly but he wasn't waking up so she kissed him softly. Jake woke up and kissed back.

"Well that's a nice way to wake up." Jake said sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Guess what?!"

"What?"

"I can go to NYC with you."

"Really, how?"

"My mom said she would watch Liv."

Jake kissed Marley and she laid back on the bed. They pulled apart knowong the couldn't go any further.

"I love you, Marley."

"I love you too, Jake. There's breakfast downstairs."

"Great, lets go." Marley and Jake waled downstairs together and ate breakfast. Liv came downstairs an hour later, by then both Jake and Marley had gotten dressed.

"Hey, Liv." Jake said as she walked in the livingroom

"Hi, Jake." It didn't surprise Liv he was there because for the past week he had been there almost every morning before she woke up. Liv walked into the kitchen after saying hi to her mom and giving her a kiss, she sat down and started eating breakfast.

"I'll go tell Liv. We're leaving today right?"

"Yeah, about three hours. We should go soon."

"Okay, be right back."

Marley told Liv there were leaving but that they would be back in a few days. Olivia was okay with it because she always loved spending time with her grandparents. A short while later the were on there way to NYC, and Marley was excited to have a weekend alone with Jake and so was he. Although, they both missed Liv.