Chapter 26

Marley woke up and went to the kitchen to make Jake a special birthday breakfast, she also made something special for Liv too, who was still sleeping. Marley decided to call her mom.

"Mom?"

"Hi Marley. Hows Jake?"

"He's still sleeping. I was wondering if we could bring Liv over tonight after we spend some time together. I'm going to tell Jake tonight."

"Of course, she can spend the night too. How are you going to tell him?"

"It's a surprise, we are going to get dinner together an I'm going to tell him when we get home, in an unusual way."

"I want to hear all about it tomorrow. You two can sleep in and get Liv whenever you want."

"Thank you so much, mom."

"Marley, stop thanking me. This is amazing news and you should tell him privately, then tell Liv together."

"I know, but I'm still grateful. I have to go, I made Jake breakfast in bed and I want to take it to him before it gets cold."

"Okay, I love you. I'll see you later, you can come anytime."

"Love you, see you later. Bye."

"Bye, Marls."

Marley hung up the phone and put all the breakfast foods on a tray and took it to him in bed, she set the tray on the bedside table to wake him up.

"Jake."

Jake woke up and leaned up to kiss Marley. "Good morning, Marley."

"Good morning, birthday boy. Here, I made you some breakfast." Marley let Jake sit up before laying the tray on the bed.

Marley walked into the kitchen to grab herself some food, then she came back to the bedroom and sat next to Jake. "Is Liv up yet?"

"No, she's still asleep. Tonight we have plans but what do you want to do today?"

"I just want to spend time with my family."

After Jake and Marley ate breakfast they got dressed and waited for Olivia to get up. When Liv finally did, she ate breakfast and they left the apartment. First, they went to the park for a while, they sat by the pond and watched Liv play, then Jake and Marley joined her. Jake was glad to be spending his birthday with his family. He watched Marley as she chased Liv around the slide, she was a great mother. He loved her, he knew that and he wanted her to be his wife, not today but sometime in the near future. He wanted to watch her smile as he got down on one knee, and as he placed the ring on her finger. He wanted to wait a little while though, he needed time to plan things and find the perfect ring. She deserved everything and he wanted to be the man to give her everything she wanted. He wanted to make her and Olivia as happy as they could be, Liv was his daughter and he wanted her to know. He wanted to hear her say daddy and when she got older he wanted to chase away any boys who looked at her. He wanted his family to be complete, and it couldn't be if she didn't know. Jake knew that he and Marley were going to tell Liv soon, he could wait a little while longer.

"I need a break Liv." Marley said as she walked over to the bench Jake was at and took a seat with him.

"She's got nonstop energy."

Jake chuckled. "I can see that."

"So, birthday boy, how about we go get some lunch?"

"I like that idea."

"I'll go get Liv."

Marley went over to Liv and picked her up.

"You want to go get some lunch?"