Chapter 22

Over the next week Jake, Liv and Marley had been spending time as a family and were acting like one. Liv spent the night at Millie's house a lot and Jake an Marley would spend time together when she did. Today Liv was staying at Millie's while Marley went grocery shopping and cleaned the apartment, Jake was going to see his mom. Marley just came home from droppin Liv off at Millie's and was greeted by Jake when she walked in.

"I want to stay here with you."

"Jake, you have to go see your mom. She misses you."

"I know, and I miss her too."

"So go see her, when you come back dinner will be ready and the house will be clean."

"I should really help you with that, I don't want you to think that you have to do that by yourself."

"I want to, now go see your mother." Marley laughed

"Okay, fine I'll go."

"Jake, if you want to tell her about Olivia, you can."

"No I want to wait, I mean I want Liv to know first and I want you both to be there when we tell her."

"We'll tell them both soon."

"I know, don't worry about it right now, Marls. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Okay."

Jake walked out the door and Marley started to clean, she picked up any trash and gathered laundry. After a two hours she had finished the laundry, swept the kitchen and livingroom, cleaned up her and Jake's bedroom, and took out the trash. She went to get a shower beofre going to buy groceries, after she got out she put on a white dress with a jean jacket and left to go to the store. Marley went around the store and bought all the groceries they would need for a couple weeks. She went to the cash register and paid for everything, then she went to the pharmacy by the apartment. She was walking around the pharmacy in the store to get some medicine because she had been feeling a little nauseous lately. Marley walked around searching for it when she saw pregnancy tests, she thought for a minute until something clicked in her mind.

"I'm late."

Marley grabbed a pregnancy test pack that contained two tests, she paid and went home. After putting all the groceries away she went into the bathroom with the tests in hand. She was waiting for the first tests results and a million thoughts were going through her mind.

"What if I am pregnant? I want another baby, especially with Jake, but right now? If she was pregnant that would be a good thing. Liv would have a brother or sister and Jake would be happy. How would I even tell him? Okay, okay calm down Marley. You might not even be pregnant, you're getting ahead of yourself. Just wait for the results, one more minute."

Marley looked at the test.

Positive.

"Positive? I need to try the other one, there are false positives all the time."

She tried the second one.

Negative.

"It's negative. I should've bought more tests. The only way to confirm it is by going to a doctor, I can't tell Jake unless I'm sure. I have to make an appointment."

Marley hid the tests in the trash and looked up the number to the doctor that had helped her when she was 18 and pregnant. The receptionist answered the phone.

"Hi, I would like to make an appointment with Dr. Cara Oaks."

"Okay, Dr. Oaks is not in today but she does have an open appoinment tomorrow at 11 am. Would you like me to schedule that for you?"

"Yes, that time will be fine."

"What's your name?"

"Marley Rose."

"Okay, Ms Rose. She'll be expecting you at 11. Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes prior to your appoinment to do paperwork."

"I'll be there, thank you very much."

"We'll see you tomorrow then Ms Rose. Goodbye."

"Bye."

Marley picked Olivia up and drove bakc home, she couldn't keep her mind off of her appointment tomorrow. When they got home Olivia went to play with her new dolls in her room and Marley went to make dinner, Jake got home right before dinner was ready.

"Hey, Marls. Dinner smells good."

"I'm making chicken parmesan."

"Well, I can't wait. Where's Liv?"

"She's in her room."

"Are you okay Marls?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Tomorrow I have a checkup at the doctors at 10:30 can you watch Olivia while I go?"

"Yeah, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm feeling a bit sick, but I'll be okay. Don't worry, let's eat. Can you go tell Liv that dinner is ready?"

Jake was still concerned but dropped it. "I'll be right back."

Jake went to Olivia's room and brought her to the table, Marley tried acting like her normal self during dinner and it convinced Olivia, but not Jake. After dinner, Marley cleaned up and was going to bed.

"Jake, I'm going to go to bed."

"This early?"

"Yes, I'm tired. I love you."

"Love you too. Night, Marls."

"Night, Jake."

Marley went to bed still thinking about her appoinment tomorrow and her possible pregnancy.