Chapter 5

A couple of days passed and Marley and Jake were spending more time together. Sometimes by themselves, sometimes with Olivia. They were keeping things on a friendship basis, for now, They hadn't discussed it, it was just the way it played out. By the end of the week Jake adored Olivia, and Olivia really liked him. It was early Friday morning when Marley got a call from her manager saying she needed to come back to LA to fix some details about her next album with her record label. She didn't want to have to take Olivia back and forth. Marley's mom would gladly watch Olivia but she was out of town with Charlie for their anniversery, and she wouldn't expect anyone else to do it for her. She would just have to take Liv with her. Marley and Olivia were supposed to have Jake over for lunch, and soon enough he arrived. Marley went to the door and opened it.

"Jake!"

"Hey, Marley. Everthing okay? You seem a little... off."

Marley let Jake in then shut the door.

"It's just I have to go back to LA for the weekend. There The first flight out is late tonight and I just really don't want to have to take Olivia on the plane that late, and twice in one weekend."

"I can watch her."

"Jake I couldn't ask you to do that."

"You're not, I offered."

Just then Olivia ran in the room and jumped into Jake's arms.

"Hey there, princess."

"Hi, Jake."

"I have to ask you something, Liv."

"Okay, Jake."

"Would you care if I watched you while momma went home for the weekend."

Olivia turned her attention to Marley.

"Why are you going home mommy?"

"I have a few things to do."

"I want Jake to watch me!"

Jake looked at Marley.

"It's settled then. We will have lunch, then you will pack and we will drive you to the airport."

Marley gave Jake a defeated look.

"Okay, I trust you and so does she. You can stay here if you'd like. Mom and Charlie won't be back until Monday."

Jake smiled and looked back at Olivia.

"Sound like a plan, munchkin?"

Olivia nodded.

"Let's go eat lunch then." Marley said as she grabbed Olivia from Jake and walked into the kitchen.

Marley, Jake and Olivia ate lunch, then Marley went to pack her bags while Jake and Liv watched Spongebob. When Marley came downstairs she joined them. Olivia had fallen asleep on Jake's lap.

"You two look so cute." Marley said smiling at Jake and Olivia.

Jake looked over at Marley and smiled. Marley stood up and walked over to Jake.

"Here, let me take her upstairs to bed."

"Let me do it, Marls." Jake said standing up with Olivia in his arms.

"Follow me to her room." Marley said walking towards the steps.

Jake carried Olivia up to her room and set her in bed. Marley pulled the blankets over her then kissed her head.

"Goodnight, angel." Marley whispered

Jake and Marley left the room and walked back downstairs.

"I can take a cab to the airport. You should just stay here with Olivia, I don't want to have to wake her up."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I should probably go soon."

"I'll call a cab."

"Okay."

Jake called Marley a cab and it arrived in less than an hour. Jake took Marley's bags to the car.

"Thanks, Jake. For everything, I couldn't imagine having to take Liv with me."

Jake walked with Marley out to the cab.

"Okay, call me if you need anything. Please make sure she gets a bath and brushes her teeth when she wakes up and before she goes to bed. You can stay in my room, it's right across the hall from Liv's. There's plenty of food, and I think that's it. Thank you, so much."

Jake laughed at how concerned Marley was.

"We'll be fine. You better get going or you'll miss the flight."

"Okay. Bye, Jake. Tell Olivia I love her and to call me if she wants."

Marley gave Jake a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Marls."

"Night, Jake."